What happened? Video

dmr

Reaction score
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mk3-l60_9s
I was going to land my Phantom 2 and suddenly it started shaking in the air, took random direction and flew away. Fortunately it came back soon and I landed it safely.
Probably it activated RTH (low battery) but had no good GPS signal? After getting the signal it got the right direction back to Home?

Has anybody had experience like this?

This could be GPS or 2.4Ghz interference, notice the car that just appeared before it all went haywire... jammer?
Are you using FPV with IOSD mini... did you lose satellite reception ?

TeamYankee said:
This could be GPS or 2.4Ghz interference, notice the car that just appeared before it all went haywire... jammer?
Are you using FPV with IOSD mini... did you lose satellite reception ?

A loss of GPS would cause it to drop into ATTI mode which could confuse the pilot as the typical symptom of not realising what has happened is that they manoeuvre it wrongly (thinking its still in GPS mode) and a typical symptom is an apparent shooting off in a certain direction. A loss of GPS wouldn't cause a spin from my experience. Something affecting the compass would though. I can't imagine what could be radiating like hell from a moving car to cause such interference to the compass though.

Wild speculation is not helpful:
  • Jammer? What in the video suggest the signal is being jammed? Jamming does not cause flyaways.
  • Multipathing? Off of what? Trees and snow do not multipath.
  • GPS error? What kind of GPS error?

Some questions and observations:
  • The gimbal is snapping all over the place. Was it really windy?
  • The Phantom was turning in a way that looks like user input. Were you controlling any of the movements?
  • The turning is consistent with IOC flight.
  • At what point did you lose control and at what point did you regain control?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj