What happened to the set home point button in DJI Go?

Reaction score
I flew my P3P at lunch today and did not see the "Set home point" button in the DJI Go UI. I have my iPad set up to update apps automatically, so I assume I got an update to the app. Has DJI removed this feature entirely? It used to be that you could set the home point to either the aircraft location or to the location of the remote. Now it looks like the only thing you can do is let the app set the home point to the take-off point.

P.S. How do you tell which version of the software you are running? I spent a couple of minutes looking and couldn't find it.

I found the version information. It's in RC control settings (tap the icon that looks like a remote with 2 antennas on it). Then tap the "..." at the bottom . That gets you to an about screen that shows the app version, aircraft and firmware version numbers. My DJI Go is apparently version 2.7.1.

I also just found the set home point function. It's now buried in a menu. If you click the icon that looks like a quad you get to a menu called "MC Settings". On the right side of that menu are the icons for setting the home point to the aircraft position or to the user position.

Why in heaven's name did they bury it in a menu?!? I use this function a lot, and the button on the main screen was much easier to find.

I also just found the set home point function. It's now buried in a menu. If you click the icon that looks like a quad you get to a menu called "MC Settings". On the right side of that menu are the icons for setting the home point to the aircraft position or to the user position.

Why in heaven's name did they bury it in a menu?!? I use this function a lot, and the button on the main screen was much easier to find.
Yes ... that sounds like a step backwards, hiding common flight functions.

Reactions: Biggle
Same as you. My drone was not connected when I looked. I'll go connect and check again. I'll post again in a few minutes.

I found it, you're right it's moved. With the aircraft on and connected to the controller, click on the GPS icon at the top of the screen and the change home point option will appear.

Why on Earth do so many things require the turning on of the craft itself, just to make settings within the app?

Are they actually trying to get us to break the gimbal or something?

Why on Earth do so many things require the turning on of the craft itself, just to make settings within the app?
Are they actually trying to get us to break the gimbal or something?
Because many of the settings are stored in the Phantom and not in the app.
The Phantom has to be able to operate properly and safely with or without the app so it's no use having those settings in the app.
Adjusting settings won't break your gimbal.

Because many of the settings are stored in the Phantom and not in the app.
The Phantom has to be able to operate properly and safely with or without the app so it's no use having those settings in the app.
Adjusting settings won't break your gimbal.
So how do you change home point if you are not using the app?

@Meta4 I received an answer of my question in my email but it is not displayed here

"You use the app .... but you have to have it connected to the Phantom because that's where the setting is stored."

My answer:
Anyway I don't get why a "professional" version keeps almost useless screen buttons and removed the update Home Point.
I guess most of us don't need to use this option frequently but when needed it should be visible.
It is a mistake to think that only what is supposed as frequent use action should have a quick access button. Also "emergency actions" should.
I think screen output could be customizable, specially for those buttons.

A couple of days ago I was in a ship that was supposed anchored in a fixed point like other times.
But this one was different, it had to move.
I didn't have problems but Go HD was 300m while the P3P was 50m away.
Not needed but I decided to update Home Point: I couldn't, I didn't realize that change, last time I used this option was several months ago.

There's a RTH physical button in RC, the same in screen is useless for most users.
Auto take off is for beginners. It could be dangerous if you are in a small open area and you have to be near the quad in a windy day.

And BTW, some updates ago the draw pen was suppressed. That was useful for me to draw limits in only grass and trees areas.

Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20