What gain settings do you have to sort drift and yaw?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Ok, So I have a phantom 2, with h3-3d gimbal, gopro hero +, immersion tx and a iosd. I'm using stock props and a spironet antenna. My setup is probably no different to alot of you out there. So when I ascend and then hover the phantom drifts and dances about all over the place but doesn't go completely out of control. I'd like to know if people have changed their gain settings to rectify this or at least make the phantom hover without the drift or minimise it. My gain settings are as follows:
Basic Pitch 120% roll 120% yaw 120% and vertical 200%
Attitude Pitch 220% and Roll 220%

Ive not changed the above settings, these I assume are factory settings?

So anyone out there like to share their gain settings with me so that I can compare them to mine or would like to give any advice out. I have searched through the forum but cant find many examples.

Thanks Guys :)

Peronally I think that gains will be slightly different for each aircaft and person(depending on their personal preference.)
My view is that there is no one size fits all solution. It is something your going to have to make your own journey on taking advice from other people and doing your own testing.
While i think there are no copy and paste option the NazM assistant gives some clues as to howw to adjust the gains for yourself.
I think for th Phantom 1 anyway you increase the gains by ten percent at a time until it becomes unstable and then bacck of tn percent.(Something along those linese anyway)
It will explain it in the Naza m assistant.

Adam1,

What s/w are you using? If you have upgraded to the latest select default for gains. It will be different than factory.
I suggest that you change the "Attitude" gains both pitch and roll to 100-150 as the default of 260 is way too high.

Tom

tom3holer said:
Adam1,

What s/w are you using? If you have upgraded to the latest select default for gains. It will be different than factory.
I suggest that you change the "Attitude" gains both pitch and roll to 100-150 as the default of 260 is way too high.

Tom

Hey Tom, Do you mean firmware? I'm on v3.04. I will try your suggestion about the default setting and will try altering the attitude gains for both. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for the input and to Ozzyguy too.

I have pressed the default button under the gains tab and this did change the figures somewhat. They are now:

Basic Pitch 125% roll 125% yaw 125% and vertical 140%
Attitude Pitch 260% and Roll 260%

What changes the figures in the first place, each firmware update?

Here is the specific answer to your question. Straight from DJI. :x

Email Sent to DJI China

"Lenny Schway
May 23 07:59
Hi,
I just updated my Phantom 2 to Ver.3.04
I have the H3-3D Gimbal and GoPro Hero 3 Black+
I am flying in Nazam Mode.
I went into the Gains settings and clicked the Default button.
The Default Gain settings have changed since Firmware 3.02
They are now much higher. 125, 125, 120, 140
260, 260,
Are these really the correct new Default Gain Settings?
Thank you,
Lenny Schway"

Reply from DJI

"Daniel Huang (DJI)
May 23 09:58
Dear Sir,
Please go ahead and adjust the gain setting to fit your preference.
You might try to adjust by 15% each time and have a test flight until you feel right.
Best Regards"

I have a ton of these kind of email responses from DJI.
Not Once have I received an answer to the question I asked.

That's funny, typical copout from DJI.
I have talked on the phone to them in Ca. and its pretty much the same, real vague, and Oh that's the first time we have heard about that.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj