What FPV setup you using. Fc40

Reaction score
Interested to know what fpv setup people are using that works well,

I want to further the range of my phantom and purchase fpv goggles soon but unsure what to get,

So I might copy yours lol

Thanks

i'm using a galaxy note 3 and holding it reallllly close to my face

All I have is the fc40 camera.

I would love to have a wifi camera that takes decent pictures and 1080 video (gopro quality is fine) and gets me about 300 meters of reliable range with minimal latency.

Doesn't seem to exist unless you buy the vision line.

I think someone would make buckets of money if they came out with one.

I put one together using my old WRT54G and dd-wrt firmware. It works and the range is there but its still not reliable. I can have a strong signal with or without the repeater (20 feet away) and it will still drop.

I have tried on my iphone 5, iphone 5s and an old iphone 4.

I have not tried my ipad yet but it's too big to deal with anyhow.

I think the issue is the camera. I read of others having a similar issue.

I'm using the galaxy S3 for the camera and haven't experienced a disconnection yet.
It's going as far as i feel comfortable flying the phantom. (where i can barely see it)

With the Galaxy S3, i was getting double the distance for a standard Parrot AR drone.
that is something to look into.

I tried network repeater wich was a random thing to make it work,,
I did the external antenna mod, wich was a utter piece of fake mod, leaving me With a big piece of copper wire as a antenna, on the outside, but hey at least it Works again.

I also wanna have some fpv that is not like 1000$

I'm using my 4s IPhone and with a TP link repeater. I get decent FPV up to about 1000' but when I try to record I can't get over 300'. I guess when you record it takes power from the cameras antenna???

I'm using the FC40 camera and a Kindle Fire and get pretty good distance. I don't record with that camera. I also have a GoPro and I record with that. I've read that range is reduced when they are recording.

I am getting ready to get a transmitter and receiver for the GoPro and a 7" backup monitor (like you use in a car) and use the GoPro for FPV.

I don' t think you will be able to find goggles. As far as I know, they all use 5.8 Ghz, which is what we use to control the FC40. You'd have to find 2.4 Ghz goggles.

I'm no expert on goggles, just relaying what I have read in passing. I have'nt researched it.

tmartin62 said:
I put one together using my old WRT54G and dd-wrt firmware. It works and the range is there but its still not reliable. I can have a strong signal with or without the repeater (20 feet away) and it will still drop.

I have tried on my iphone 5, iphone 5s and an old iphone 4.

I have not tried my ipad yet but it's too big to deal with anyhow.

I think the issue is the camera. I read of others having a similar issue.

replace that ddwrt linksys with a TP-links MR3040 battery operated router
Add a 7db alfa directional antenna to it.
Buy another smartphone clip.

My fc40 goes twice as far as my P2 with FPV setup

file.php

file.php

search these forums for wifi antenna mod. You will find long threads with instructions on modifications

Also, one more thing:
Make sure you have a class 10 card in that camera. Anything less messes with the camera and its signal,

How was the signal without the addition of that antenna dragon, also was ur range reduced when recording?

Phantom Chi said:
How was the signal without the addition of that antenna dragon, also was ur range reduced when recording?

never tried either. I have heard people say its equal to the linksys though.
Which, for $40 is a steal since it's way smaller and rechargeable

I only know it with the antenna and recording.
I was going over 1500 ft in a crowded city area.

From experience, in a less condensed area (signal wise), it will go even further

Musicman said:
With the Galaxy S3, i was getting double the distance for a standard Parrot AR drone.
that is something to look into.
The problem with either the iPhone or Androids is the glare from the sun. They offer extremely poor lighting in sunlight. I've tried different sun shades and still have difficulty seeing it. I think what these phone makers need to do is to talk to the Kindle people who make the Kindle PaperWhite. With the backlight feature they have on that Kindle I have no problem seeing the screen even in direct bright sunlight. It's a terrific innovation to eliminate glare.

Cajvol94 said:
I'm using my 4s IPhone and with a TP link repeater. I get decent FPV up to about 1000' but when I try to record I can't get over 300'. I guess when you record it takes power from the cameras antenna???
Sounds like noise is being generated when the camera is in record mode.

The GPS was found to be affected in the P2V+
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19099

dragonash said:
Phantom Chi said:

never tried either. I have heard people say its equal to the linksys though.
Which, for $40 is a steal since it's way smaller and rechargeable

I only know it with the antenna and recording.
I was going over 1500 ft in a crowded city area.

From experience, in a less condensed area (signal wise), it will go even further

Don't kno if I got the balls to fly that far just yet, but I just picked up my tp link today. Will probably pickup the antenna tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers