What does this sound mean?

Reaction score
I crashed my P4P sideways into a granit wall. Sent for a new Yaw motor and a Ribbon cable and tried to mend it like i've done once before, following a great video from iRepairMD on YouTube. The first time it worked really fine but this time the drone really look sick when I try to start and connect it to DJI GO 4 App.
So, if anybody have ideas about whats wrong, please tell me.
Some comments to my video: The beep (that I hadn't heard before) seams to come from the right front motor, the one that not have any light. It takes many more seconds before the machine shut down compared to normal.

The beep (that I hadn't heard before) seams to come from the right front motor
That's not a "beep" you hear. It's the pulses from the side ultrasonic sensor. ( I think ).

It's not a sensor puls.
Couldn't hear the beep for the sensor pulses when you turned the aircraft. Really not sure what that is if you get no notifications of any errors from the app. Your gimbal doesn't look right either. I would try a gimbal and IMU calibration first and see if it improves.

That beep sounds similar to the beep that would come from the P3 during firmware updates

Couldn't hear the beep for the sensor pulses when you turned the aircraft. Really not sure what that is if you get no notifications of any errors from the app. Your gimbal doesn't look right either. I would try a gimbal and IMU calibration first and see if it improves.
I repeat: There is a beep!! Even when I turn the P4P. And it is probably related to that the right front motor led not is flashing as the other 3 motor leds does. And it is unessential that it is the same sound as the P3!

I crashed my P4P sideways into a granit wall. Sent for a new Yaw motor and a Ribbon cable and tried to mend it like i've done once before, following a great video from iRepairMD on YouTube. The first time it worked really fine but this time the drone really look sick when I try to start and connect it to DJI GO 4 App.
So, if anybody have ideas about whats wrong, please tell me.
Some comments to my video: The beep (that I hadn't heard before) seams to come from the right front motor, the one that not have any light. It takes many more seconds before the machine shut down compared to normal.
Um unsure on beep I would try what @Flydawg has mentioned,,any friction on motor when turn by hand,,does it run or just 3 motors,does sound little quiet but sounds like me p4,,not sure what you mean about p3 sound which is loud and proud -p4p or p4 won't be loud like p3 start up

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I repeat: There is a beep!! Even when I turn the P4P. And it is probably related to that the right front motor led not is flashing as the other 3 motor leds does. And it is unessential that it is the same sound as the P3!
And I as well REPEAT!.....Like I said, I heard the beep, but it was muted somewhat by the pulsing sensors. The lights have nothing to do with the motors themselves. The front lights have no function other than for visual.

The beep is constant but as I twist the drone, the sound fades because the beep sound sorce is inside right motor arm and becomes more and more on the backside as I twist the p4p and the sensor pulses take over and disturb the video sound.
But I dont see that as THE problem. Why, e.g. are only three leds flashing and why can’t I start the drone? And why does the gimbal look so miserable?

And I as well REPEAT!.....Like I said, I heard the beep, but it was muted somewhat by the pulsing sensors. The lights have nothing to do with the motors themselves. The front lights have no function other than for visual.
I don’t know what video you watched but the beeping was the most prominent component of the audio in the one I opened. The OP can obviously hear the other irrelevant noises also.

Anyway- as to boom lights and and motors not being related. Don’t the ESC boards contain the led drivers and associated electronics also? I haven’t heard that beep sequence before however motor issue and lights issue could suggest high likelihood of issue being with ESC board.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Yip I can hear sonar click aswell,,did you try calibrate gimble,does it go back to how is now or do anything,what colour your remote light,I notice it goes through the correct light start patten but then goes red,have you tried relinking to the craft,will it start without the app,(this will show if it starts or not),can you move cam up and down or it frozen there

Anyway- as to boom lights and and motors not being related. Don’t the ESC boards contain the led drivers and associated electronics also? I haven’t heard that beep sequence before however motor issue and lights issue could suggest high likelihood of issue being with ESC board.
Not likely. The ESC boards are motor controllers basically. They have nothing to to with the light functions on the front of the AC. As Stated previously, only the rear lights give you any sort of ...shall I say....code to go by. It is possible they may contain the driver circuitry for the LED's. But really makes no difference being that they are for visual only.

Not likely. The ESC boards are motor controllers basically. They have nothing to to with the light functions on the front of the AC. As Stated previously, only the rear lights give you any sort of ...shall I say....code to go by. It is possible they may contain the driver circuitry for the LED's. But really makes no difference being that they are for visual only.
What I was suggesting is that if the LED’s are controlled by the same PCB as the ESC its not a monumental leap to assume the ESC board may have a problem.... The lights might not, in your view, provide valuable information. From where I come from the fact they aren’t on when they should is a good clue to a problem downstream.

From where I come from the fact they aren’t on when they should is a good clue to a problem downstream.
That is quite possible, or possibly something as simple as a loose connection on the LED themselves. I would highly doubt there is a current sense circuit in relation to the front LED's that would provide a warning message of a serious issue. Then again, it is abnormal. I will grant you that.

That is quite possible, or possibly something as simple as a loose connection on the LED themselves. I would highly doubt there is a current sense circuit in relation to the front LED's that would provide a warning message of a serious issue. Then again, it is abnormal. I will grant you that.
You don’t have to grant me anything- it’s basic logic. Issues with two components (boom light and motor) controlled by a common PCB this isn't rocket science.

Last edited:
You don’t have to grant me anything- it’s basic logic.
You know, I have looked at many responses from people who have varying opinions on different subjects. It has been become apparent to me that if you disagree with those who may disagree with you that you become a bit belligerent. I try my best to not do such. I try to have a conversation without being slandered at every point that I attempt to make, nor insult the other. If you disagree, that is fine and I have no problem with that. "Grant You" is a figure of speech, which meant I agreed with you. Why do you argue that point?

This is an awesome resource, I’d never burn a bridge here! Heard a lot of different opinions and all have merit. One day We’ll all need some help! And this is the best place

Reactions: With The Birds
You know, I have looked at many responses from people who have varying opinions on different subjects. It has been become apparent to me that if you disagree with those who may disagree with you that you become a bit belligerent. I try my best to not do such. I try to have a conversation without being slandered at every point that I attempt to make, nor insult the other. If you disagree, that is fine and I have no problem with that. "Grant You" is a figure of speech, which meant I agreed with you. Why do you argue that point?
This isn’t about disagreement so much- it’s about getting as close to, or it might be said reaching agreement on the facts as best we can. To be honest it might be I experienced mild frustration in your initial focus on the ultrasonic transducer dolphin clicks which seemingly had nothing to do with the OP’s concern re the clearly audible beeping and the suggestion the failure if the boom light to operate might not be a clue. It’s not personal.

To be honest it might be I experienced mild frustration in your initial focus on the ultrasonic transducer dolphin clicks which seemingly had nothing to do with the OP’s concern re the clearly audible beeping
That I can understand. I did not, quite honestly watch the entire posted video, at first. When I heard the clearly audible clicks, prior to the "beeping" that was heard, I jumped to a quick conclusion mistakenly so. That may have had nothing to do with the OP's concern, but you really don't hear those profoundly unless it is amplified.

Reactions: With The Birds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik