What does the string do on Prop Guard

Reaction score
I have had my prop guards installed since before I started flying (12 flights) and feel comfortable with the control I have over the Phantom, haven't bumped into anything except for this afternoon when I was flying in an enclosed area outside and it got clipped on a bush breaking 2 props, but I'm wondering what the string that came with the props does and how much more protection they give. I really just want to fly without the props which I will next time I'm in an open area but yeah, wondering what that string does, thanks.

You THREAD, the string through the holes ( under ) the prop guards, tie it off, then stretch string onto little tabs under prop guards!
This offers protection from ( thinner, smaller objects. ) that can fit BETWEEN prop guards!

I do not use it, only the guards!

Hope this helps!

J Dot said:
You THREAD, the string through the holes ( under ) the prop guards, tie it off, then stretch string onto little tabs under prop guards!
This offers protection from ( thinner, smaller objects. ) that can fit BETWEEN prop guards!

I do not use it, only the guards!

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Keep them on if you can. It makes no difference really to flight.
Only reason mine are off I on that it fits in the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimDE said:
I use the string.... this guy should of as well

http://youtu.be/ji3Hii_LZOc

Nasty, nasty injury! That should end the discussion as to whether these things can injure. At least it was limited to the operator, and not a bystander.
I use guards with the string. When flying around trees, the string helps to keep branches from getting between the guards and whacking propellers. Also should protect arms, legs, etc….

They floss your teeth fairly well. :lol:

Strings = more coverage at less weight of preventing the propellers from hitting a pole, tree, neck, etc. if it goes between the gaps of the guards.

The video where the guy slits his forearm (**** that was bleeding bad!), I am trying to figure out exactly what the Hell he was thinking (or doing) when that happened? Did he simply fly into himself, or was he attempting to hand catch the Phantom?

Meta4 said:
atag012 said:
I really just want to fly without the props which I will next time I'm in an open area.

Bet you don't

You gonna throw it? :) :D :lol: Just kidding... we tend to pounce on typos... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj