P3 Firmware what does it actually update?

Reaction score
does anyone know what the firmware actually updates? (P3A flyer if anyone was wondering)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced:

What’s New:
1. Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.
Notes:
The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.

Reactions: Romans109
I just got my phantom and updated it to 1.6 I believe like 3 days ago. Is this worth the update?

From the compass aspect, I would think so. Haven't done anything with my p3p since update so I can't say for sure.

well we need risk takers go fly and tell us the results jk

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

With 16 mph winds and a tornado watch north of us, don't think I will bite on this one.

Took my P3A for a spin today with the new firmware in the bird, the updated fw in the RC and updated DJI Go app. I was using an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air 2 (not cellular). All worked perfectly well, no problems whatsoever.
I then tried flying with Litchi, again no hassles. And with Vertical Studio, again no problems.
I was very careful and flew to a max altitude of 50 meters and no more than 100 meters from the RC for about 15 or so minutes, when the battery indicated 25% juice.
Conclusion, all appears fine.

Last edited:
At the maximum point from my location, took this shot. If anything was going to go wrong, it should/would have been en route here. There's a series of metal arches leading to this cross and they also surround the Maltese Cross, but the the metal did not affect the P3A.
Garden cross.jpg

to anyone,

so i updated the app first(android version), now when i turn on the copter, within the app, its telling me i need a remote control, drone, and camera update. so if you update the app from the app store; does that mean that everything else has to be updated or are there actual updates for the remote/drone/camera (i have a p3a).

Yes, there's an update for the drone and one for the RC. I updated the RC first, then the drone and finally the app.

Me I did the Go App first then the drone then the RC all seems well this way as well
thanks squiddley/terence. i updated the app first then the drone, then camera (i think it automatically updated the camera once the drone was being updated?)

was it a coincidence or does dji upgrade the drone firmware every time they update the dji app?

I think it was a coincidence or perhaps to tie up with the new P4. BTW, I did the app last, only because I realized there was an update after updating the other two.

I do like the fact that menus are bigger, consequently easier read.

I believe when it updates the drone it does everything at once drone camera ect.....did you update the RC controller as well....
as for if the Go App is updated every time there is a firmware update that Im not to sure about havent been in the hobby and done enough firmware updates to answer that one I do know the last few I have done the Go App was updated to...I dont understand why everyone has so many problems updating the firmware if you just follow the steps listed in the proper order and do it as it says, Ive never had a problem

I believe when it updates the drone it does everything at once drone camera ect.....did you update the RC controller as well....
as for if the Go App is updated every time there is a firmware update that Im not to sure about havent been in the hobby and done enough firmware updates to answer that one I do know the last few I have done the Go App was updated to...I dont understand why everyone has so many problems updating the firmware if you just follow the steps listed in the proper order and do it as it says, Ive never had a problem
btw squiddley do you know what the "enable maximum distance" function does on the dji app/menu for ios?

does that mean allow the drone to go the maximum distance or does that mean limit the maximum distance the drone can go?

on android there is no such feature. however, there is a feature that limits how far the drone can go but nothing that says "enable maximum distance" like ios does.

I think it was a coincidence or perhaps to tie up with the new P4. BTW, I did the app last, only because I realized there was an update after updating the other two.

I do like the fact that menus are bigger, consequently easier read.
thanks terence

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj