What Does DJI Charge to Repair a P2V+ Camera?

I haven't had the need to get mine repaired. But, if you decide to go with someone other than DJI, there are a few good repair shops listed at https://www.phantomhelp.com. Both will most likely be much faster than going through DJI too.

Out of warranty repairs is a no-brainer. You DO NOT want to send it to DJI unless you want to pay a lot and be without your bird, often for MONTHS. I (and some others) would hesitate sending certain repairs to DJI even UNDER warranty. No joke.

kjopc said:
How much is "a lot". Since dealers can't get parts, what's the point of sending it to them?

I'd say $900 is "a lot" for a gimbal repair. There are a number of repair services that are members of this forum, and if they told me they could repair my DJI I would choose them in a heartbeat over DJI for the repair. Seems they have plenty of satisfied customers and know more about, for example, the proper way of heat sinking electronic components than DJI does. The repair services seem to be fixing DJI's mistakes.

kjopc said:
So DJI charges $900 and takes a long time. How much do the non-DJI services charge, and what's their turnaround like?

I'll let one of the service guys field that question. Better still, you might want to contact them to get a quote. I just don't recommend blindly sending a repair to DJI without getting other quotes. Just trying to save you some money and time.

Get in touch with Hani. He is doing a lot of gimbal / camera repairs. He really knows his stuff! He even does some work for the DJI repair centers.
http://www.uavrepairshop.com/

$900 for repairs? WTF???
Isnt a new camera+gimbal module 600-800? Its plug and play and you don't need to pair wifi.

If I was going to spend $900, i'd buy another unit and keep one for spare parts..

what is the issue with the camera kjopc?
give us little more details?

thanks
hani

You haven't given any details about what is wrong either. Provide those details and I'm sure you'll get some better information here.

kjopc said:
The a gimbal has snapped off; the ribbon cable is cracked and may be broken.

How much have others paid for this type of repair, where did you have it done, and how long did it take?

24 hour turn around time. $140 gimbal repaired to 100%. Pm me.... :D

Btw, those folks who did go through DJI essentially ended up purchasing a replacement gimbal for $679 + S&H etc.

I was told by one of their larger dealers that repairs to the ribbon cable were running 2 to 4 hundred dollars. He didn't say how long it took but from my dealings with them I went two weeks without hearing from them and I was sending an e-mail a day. I finally gave up and bought a new p2v+. And please refrain yourselves about anonymous dealer. I don't give a name because it could and in all probability would cause problems for one of their larger dealers.

:D
I've not needed repairs, thankfully the members here have probably saved myself and others much time and money. Through their own experience with crashes and lost Phantoms, I've been fortunate to have learned from others mistakes.

After watching Hani's video on repairing the ribbon cable, I wouldnt attempt that myself. Glad he has the patience and skill to repair, and deal with folks who only worry about turn-around and price. :roll:

thank you fplvert.

that's why Jeremy (burlbark) and myself are here for...
you can always contact one or both of us and we are happy to help!

hani

I have been successfully repairing P2V+ camera/gimbals for almost a year, with moderate success. Basically swapping parts, circuit boards and ribbon cables, until recently. It almost seems like there is a software "reset" that is performed at the factory service center, and I will believe that until someone can prove to me otherwise. As long as DJI is NOT willing to sell pitch/roll/main circuit boards, roll motor/bracket assemblies, (motor is pressed into bracket), (there is a new, steel insert, factory mod now), it will be difficult to establish a base point to identify suspected faulty components. I actually had one unit with a burnt cable at the camera module connection, still fully stabilizing all gimbal motors. I even swapped out EVERY roll motor circuit board I had, (12, and easiest to get to), even the ones I had deemed bad, (small white burn mark on chip), with steady, no gimbal dance stability. Of course the video didn't work. And, the melting of the ribbon at the camera connection was caused by a suspect faulty main circuit board. I used that circuit board twice, and, yes, you guessed it, fried another ribbon cable in the same exact place. Changed circuit board and ribbon cable, and back to a dancing gimbal; where previously, all gimbals were stable.????? Keep in mind, the good, main circuit boards I deemed "good", because they had functioning red/green leds, but still produced "dancers". BTW, the roll and pitch circuit boards need to be in their prospective locations for proper function. I have tested this and found them to be different. Fortunately they are marked with a "P" and "R".

I ALMOST had a supply of the desired parts from DJI, through the service center in China, until I went to place a $1,500 order, and was then told there was a limit on the ribbon cables of 3. She said she told me that the last time I bought parts.?????? I told her she must be confusing me with someone else, because I hadn't bought ANY parts yet, and besides, why would I purchase only three ribbon cables when you want to charge me $70 for shipping? I had previously told her I get parts from China all the time through ePacket delivery, often free, so she cut the fee in half, (whooptydoo). Then she said I would have to get the parts from my dealer, (oh yah, he's just around the corner, down the street). After many more weeks of talking to very nice DJI dealers, all across the country, who can't even get ribbon cables from DJI anymore, I went back to DJI, China, and got handed over to a new gal who went into the explanation of sending my cameras in for warranty repair, no problem, fix all the time, and finished by telling me, can't sell parts to 3rd parties. They aren't even selling to their dealers! We are all SO screwed!

I currently have 11, yes eleven cameras to repair, and will try again swapping parts. I may get lucky. I DID find a way to secure the roll motor/bracket assy better, by laying the bracket down on a metal surface, (protected by some tape), like the flat space on a vise, and place a 1/8" ball bearing on the hole, where the motor shaft goes. Hit the ball bearing with a small hammer to slightly close the hole, flip the bracket over and do the same to the other side, and then correctly orient the flat on the motor and squeeze the two parts together in a small, precision vise. Can still make a small adjustment after assembly and testing. This method produces a more stable, firm connection between the motor and the bracket, along with better radial alignment. And then, get James McElroy's aluminum, gimbal reinforcement bracket, which will keep the motor and bracket from separating in future crashes. (djiphantomfix.com).

If anybody has more information to share, I'm sure all of us mechanically-minded DIYers would be very appreciative. We ALL benefit.

Cheers,
Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj