What does a Partial Charged Battery show in GO / Litchi ?

Reaction score
I was 'chastised' for making a claim that the DJI Battery if used only partially charged will show correctly in the Apps... that RTH and Critical should happen same as if battery was fully charged before use.

I was told that the partial charged battery would cause App to calculate its warning / action points differently based on the partial charge ... possibly similar to what old ESC's used to do when calculating LVC.

OK ... old ESC's used to work on a % of battery state to determine LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff). We could choose Hard or soft cut etc. etc. and at what cell voltage. Later the ESC's were improved and actual cell voltage was used as the reference point.
What did this mean ? Old ESC if we chose an LVC voltage that was 20% of full ... then we would expect to have LVC at about 3.6V or thereabouts .. IF battery was fully charged before use. If we put a partial battery in .. say 50% charged ... that now caused a LVC of 50% of the setting !! Goodbye LiPo !!
ESC today work differently and actually use actual voltage for LVC disregarding what voltage pack is when plugged in. 20% now = 20% whatever.

I can say without doubt after my tests just now - the Apps calculate battery % based on actual voltage and are correct. Video of test to be uploaded and linked ....

Nigel

Here's the video ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4