What do you guy think about parallel chargers?

Reaction score
I was looking at getting a second charger but before I drop $45 on one I wanted to see what the pros and cons are on the parrellel chargers. I'm thinking it will work but will take twice as long with 2 batteries and three times as long with 3 batteries. The charger can only put out so much power to charge so it should take longer the more batteries you add is my guess. Therefore your not gaining anything. Am I wrong???

Thanks.

If you have multiple batteries to charge, you would not have to constantly monitor them to know when the next battery is ready to charge. So, it could save you some time. Otherwise, there isn't really an advantage.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I would use multiple chargers myself. I have 2 and i made an adapter so i can use my standard Lipo charger as well. Whenever charging your batteries, you should never leave them alone. So if you have the time, the parallel could work if you are there with them but if not, then they become a big hazard.

Personally, when using 1 charger, i don't think the charge time is that bad.

I ordered an Ebay seller parallel board - the metal connector 'blades' that connect to the battery seem to be thicker than the charge connector supplied by DJI. I'd be wary of using it because it could wear/stretch the battery-side connectors out.

I also bought a 12V car charger on Ebay, there were large solder blobs on the connectors and they were not in alignment.

I'm never putting a £90 battery anywhere near either of them :)

I bought one, to me it looked cheap so didn't use it

As long as this is on the topic of batteries, I picked up this Army surplus fire-proof metal ammo box at a local gun shop for just $9. Nicely stores my five lipo batteries and charger when not in use. (DJI recommends storing batteries in a fireproof box and I've see some posts claiming lipo batteries can be dangerous.) I now sleep with no worries and just transfer them to my drone carrying case whenever I fly.

image_111.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair