What do you call that thing?

Reaction score
I know that I need to name my P2V, and I'm partial to a female name that is 2 syllables and symbolizes fun, freedom, beauty and doesn't make me look like an idiot when I say "I'm headed out with 'so-and-so' for a little while".... But I can't come up with a name for 'her' after several weeks.....

Sometimes I say 'the Quad', sometimes the Phantom, sometimes the Vision, sometimes the helicopter... It's an identity crisis for sure.

What do you call YOURS?

:?:

urgno said:
Pull_Up said:
I call it Phantom, but everyone else calls it "HOW Much?!"
specially Wives :mrgreen: :lol:

Especially mine - I'm a stay-at-home-dad so I cashed in a couple of Christmas and Birthday Futures and had to agree not to murder the kids for at least 2 more years. :shock:

Naa, they're great, really.
Most of the time.
Sometimes... :twisted:

I call my sled "Persephone" after the Greek goddess as she only comes out in beautiful weather anymore.

She is still probably the most expensive ***** I ever had between my legs that never caused me any grief.

The Phantom has not struck me as needing a name but I am beginning to feel the pull of sentience from it, hence it is only a matter of time.

I have always named my dogs based on behavior- roadnames in my former circles were handed out usually from doing something stupid or memorable... perhaps you are forcing the issue?

I say let it come naturally- it should present itself soon enough.

*on a side note- I got my handle via a choice after being beat by my old man from one end of the house to another- I was told that I needed to learn that it was going to be his way, or the highway.

Needless to say I chose the latter.

Pull_Up said:
I call it Phantom, but everyone else calls it "HOW Much?!"

Yeah... I get that a lot too... :shock: :eek: :roll:

Actually I just call mine "Bird" C'mon Bird let's take a fly...

-slinger

I call my Phantom 2 Vision a "helicopter" because it makes it appear that I'm doing something amazing when I fly it.

After all, it takes a lot of skill to make a helicopter hover in one place on a windy day! :)

-- Roger

Why don't you call your quad "Seymoure" - as in "see-more" from a high vantage point. :lol:

PF

I know Lockheed already used this name quite a few years ago for the P-80 but I'm going to call mine Shooting Star even though its missing one arm.

http://www.uswarplanes.net/aircraftnames.html

Perhaps the Phantom Vision is more like an experimental aircraft. Could give in X- designation. It kind of looks like a brightly lit X flying through the air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-planes

The closest X plane looks like the X-22 quad ducted tiltrotor developed by Bell helicopter in the mid 60's

Perhaps X-4 or X-Quad.

Or you could come up with some names related to the high RPM propellers.

How about the Dicer-Slicer or the Pigeon Decapitator?

Lets hear some more suggestions!

A couple more

Whirlwind or how about daVinci's Nightmare

Attachments

• dav.jpg
    dav.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 435
Well this is my 3rd major Hobby

First came photography and $25000.00 in gear... I thought Holy crap... at least I am shooting about 20 weddings a year to cover that hobby...

Next came Airsoft.... well there goes another $10,000 in gear guns etc...

then came the Phantom Vision... (well it's almost here) - Christmas Gift. it starts at $1199.00 and well the sky is literally the limit right... Hell I can't even use my new hobby until April.... Currently in Winnipeg the temp is between -4 F to -22 F Fricken BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

To answer your question what to call it....

Call it...... Your Newest Wallet

Could be worse. I used to own a 32 foot Catalina. Talk about unlimited amounts of money that can be spent! Holy crap. Makes your photography hobby seem like a bargain!

PF

PhantomFan said:
Why don't you call your quad "Seymoure" - as in "see-more" from a high vantage point. :lol:

PF

I like it!

You know when you (like all of the rest of us have done) drop the altitude so you're looking eye to eye with the Phantom as it hovers 6' above the earth? And you then see the space between the arms that has a cool sticker name on it? That would look COOL with SEE-MORE, or Watching You, or ???

It is truly unnerving to many people to see the Phantom descend from the sky toting a big camera and it's probably muchlike they thought worst case scenario goes for Big Brother watching.

Ah HA! "Big Brother is Watching", printed right up front......

Attachments

• IMG_6616.JPG
    IMG_6616.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 693

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers