What do people with antenna mods do about cases?

Reaction score
I have one of the dji knockoff backpacks which worked pretty well until I added amps and a bigger antenna. Now I have no hope of fitting it all in my backpack even if I trim the foam. I'm currently using the backpack and a small pelican case. I cut sheets of styrofoam and eggshell foam to protect the controller but it's really ugly.

I'd rather not carry two cases, is there something off the shelf that would work? I have the maxxuav evolite kit. I'd love a big case that I can leave the props on as well as holding my ipad air 2. Any suggestions?

Reactions: B_Squared
If I have the amps and antennas connected, I don't use a case.

Without the amps, I can fit the original ITELITE with the FPVLR dipoles on the bird in my case.

I have one of the dji knockoff backpacks which worked pretty well until I added amps and a bigger antenna. Now I have no hope of fitting it all in my backpack even if I trim the foam. I'm currently using the backpack and a small pelican case. I cut sheets of styrofoam and eggshell foam to protect the controller but it's really ugly.

I'd rather not carry two cases, is there something off the shelf that would work? I have the maxxuav evolite kit. I'd love a big case that I can leave the props on as well as holding my ipad air 2. Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat and was wondering the same thing. I don't want to do 2 cases or a bag and a case.

I use a larger photographers back pack with adjustable inserts. The foam protects well but is very bulky and not flexible.

Another option is to use a pick foam insert for a pelican case and put it is a generic backpack or carryall.

Don't get boxed in by a Phantom specific case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik