What did I do wrong?

Reaction score
I have flown at this spot since 2013, now I'm told by the Rangers that I'm not allowed to fly here anymore, what's changed?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you are in the US, many State Parks do not allow you to fly there. That could be a possibility.

Our world has changed. Flying near a dam may be interpreted as being. suspicious. A dam could be a target albeit not an easy one to destroy.

These days, certain dams are probably considered a high risk target and flying drones near them are likely prohibited by State authority. (LarBear360 beat me to the point.)

Sad..Beautiful spot to fly a drone too. yeah the world has changed alright, its gone paranoid.

Maybe you should've ask them "what's changed?" Of course, it could just be general "I'm Very Important Jobs-Worth" Rangers too, but it does seem that there is very much of an authoritarian clamp-down on drone flying in the Land of the Free....

I think that will become short-lived as technology advances and drones become smaller and smaller with same capabilities. DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) has developed bird and insect-size drones, and it won't be long when that technology will trickle down to the consumer level. It will then be very difficult for anyone to even spot a drone that might be flying around, much less stop them. Look at the pocket drones that can can sit in your palm. No camera or GPS yet, but it won't be long.

I have flown at this spot since 2013, now I'm told by the Rangers that I'm not allowed to fly here anymore, what's changed?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You woke one up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan