What Constitutes a Battery Cycle?

Reaction score
The Flight Battery Manual recommends a complete discharge/charge every 20 battery cycles. What constitutes a battery cycle? Flying the battery to 30% or lower, then recharging? Or is a battery cycle calculated within the Intelligent Flight Battery firmware?

Within the Go App's battery section is an area where the number of battery charges are displayed. Currently, I have two flight batteries. Both have been placed on the charger more that five times and yet, the number of charges shown, within the Go App, on the oldest battery is only five, while the newer battery shows only three charges.

Is a "charge" equivalent to a "cycle" in the Go App?

Thank you.

The Flight Battery Manual recommends a complete discharge/charge every 20 battery cycles. What constitutes a battery cycle? Flying the battery to 30% or lower, then recharging? Or is a battery cycle calculated within the Intelligent Flight Battery firmware?

Within the Go App's battery section is an area where the number of battery charges are displayed. Currently, I have two flight batteries. Both have been placed on the charger more that five times and yet, the number of charges shown, within the Go App, on the oldest battery is only five, while the newer battery shows only three charges.

Is a "charge" equivalent to a "cycle" in the Go App?

Thank you.
I don't think so-- I had the same thing-- on mine --I think the battery has to be at 50% or less. I have topped mine off several times over 50% and it did not calculate or count the charge.

Does it then make sense that the "20 charge/discharge cycles" recommendation in the manual for discharging the battery down to 8% (for extended life) needs to be completed when the Go App shows 20 charges on the battery page? The goal is to know if the Go App "charges" are the guideline for when to discharge the battery to 8%.

Thanks for your time and help.

I believe 1 cycle represents 100% of the battery used - eg

Fully charge battery 100% - fly till 60%
Fully charge battery to 100% - fly till 50%
Fully charge battery to 100% - fly till 80%

This should show that you've used 1 cycle - or in theory 40+50+20% used = 110% so past 1 cycle. If this makes sense - 1.1 cycles but I'm not sure it's that precise.

Reactions: Mako79
I believe 1 cycle represents 100% of the battery used - eg

Fully charge battery 100% - fly till 60%
Fully charge battery to 100% - fly till 50%
Fully charge battery to 100% - fly till 80%

This should show that you've used 1 cycle - or in theory 40+50+20% used = 110% so past 1 cycle. If this makes sense - 1.1 cycles but I'm not sure it's that precise.

That is correct. So if you have used 850%, then that is 8.5 cycles.
My battery would be at 200 cycles if they counted the times it was topped off or plugged in.

That is correct. So if you have used 850%, then that is 8.5 cycles.
My battery would be at 200 cycles if they counted the times it was topped off or plugged in.
Can anyone comfirm this with DJI data or are we speculating here?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4