What case?

Reaction score
What case's do you use or have tried and how does everything fit any info will help looking to buy one for my p3a

I own both the Microraptor Pro and Go Professional hard cases. Both are very well made. If you're stuck between the two, get the Microraptor Pro since it's a little more compact (it's not as tall).

If you want to see what else is available, check out this list of cases.

Last edited:
Ah, well, you don't want to hike with the Go Professional for sure. It would probably be more convenient to get a backpack instead since you'll be hiking with it.

I bought the hard case backpack from the dji website directly. It's awesome and very well protected inside. Holds bird abs batters in separate compartments. 149.00

I like the DJI back pack as well. Great for climbing up a hill (hiking).

But also great in the truck.

It is compact holds extra 3 batteries + 1 in the Phantom. My iPad Mini and ND filters lens caps and lens shade, and my custom ipadhood, and a bunch of the tiny SDcards and readers.

I've been searching for a case as well. I'd like to get one where I don't have to take the blades off.

Is it any kind of water resistant? Incase it starts to rain while hiking
Yes it is quite tight, there is a video of a guy spraying it with a hose and it stayed dry inside. I would still bring a large plastic garbage bag in case of sever rain for a long time. It is always part of my shooting kit.

Yep, the @dji branded hard shell back pack is awesome. Well worth the investment to protect your pricey Phantom 3. Fits everything so well. Two thumbs up.

RedHotPoker

I really like my Microraptor Pro case. Mostly care it like a bag but did take it on a 4 mile hike to get video of a lighthouse. It was very comfortable to wear. The straps stow away when not used. You can leave the blades on if you want but I still take them off most of the time. I also found a code online and got it for $145 shipped

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446257794.139529.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446257817.622734.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446257833.975209.jpg

Ok thanks I'll be doing hiking and camping with it if that helps.

I have the Manfrotto bag which is the (nearly) exact same bag that DJI rebrands.

I can say that I love this bag. I too have hiking and backpacking background. I used to got backpacking quite frequently.

This pack seems like it could hit the trail quite easy as it's versatile, has a rain fly, and has enough room that you could pack a few more items other than JUST the phantom.

The DJI version is great to, but usually costs 150.00 more dollars, and has a slightly less versatile feel to it overall as it can't be reconfigured as easily.

thanks for the info I am leaning more to the dji hard case

One slight word of caution

I can tell you the DJI hardshell is a great case, but don't expect to get much more to fit in it other than the basics. It gets crowded quickly and without modifying it, you'll be hard pressed to get things like windsurfer, sunshade, memory card holder, tracking device, etc.... In as well.

Reactions: Skypicswa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31