What can i use instead of loctite ?

Jay

Reaction score
Hi all
Does anyone know what i can use instead of loctite for the screws that hold the motors on ? It has to be plastic safe as i have already made the mistake of using regular loctite and it damaged some of the plastic.

I ruined a shell as well with loctite. I bought a new screw set and the new screws already have a locking type material on the threads. The set doesn't cost much and having extra screws is nice.

Geo

How does that work if it's already applied ?surely it's not as good as putting it on yourself

Jay said:
How does that work if it's already applied ?surely it's not as good as putting it on yourself

Just ask the folks who have stripped out screws trying to remove them. ;)

They'll tell you how well it works. :oops:

Sounds like it's too strong then maybe there is a better way

I've reused the original screws exclusively since owning, operating, and modifying my P2 with no issues.

Frankly there just isn't enough (any) vibration that would require adding or replacing the TL.

Frequent inspection and evaluation has never revealed the presence of loosening fasteners.

N017RW said:
I've reused the original screws exclusively since owning, operating, and modifying my P2 with no issues.

Frankly there just isn't enough (any) vibration that would require adding or replacing the TL.

Frequent inspection and evaluation has never revealed the presence of loosening fasteners.

Ditto.

Well I'll be.....Never gave it a thought on a locker that would eat your plastic. Have used it on metal many times.
Ya know, ya learn something every day, even when you are old......

N017RW said:

That's good to know thanks think if the cracks get worse on my shell i will buy a new shell with screws.And i won't bother with loctite again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers