What Battery to get?

Reaction score
Hello I got 2 stock DJI batterys and 1 LPBPOWER Battery. My Question is which one is the best value: Flight time, price and Weight.

Second have anyone buying lipo battery have any issues taking this on the luggage when traveling by plane? Since last week the airline told me that I cant take my battery on the plane because it was dangerous.

This page tells you what kind of batteries can go on a plane. I would think you could bring them based off of this. http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

There are several 2700mah batteries that work well. The Mad Dog 2700s from 2dogrc work very well, By most accounts adding 2 min to the flight time. And they fit in the phantom 1 without any kind of modification to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to piggy back on this post because I was curious about some of the same things. I will likely get the Mad Dog 2700 based on your recommendation. My question is, is there any added risk on using these batteries with charger that comes with the Phantom? I usually charge my batteries overnight and I dont want to worry about them exploding if I wake up late...lol.

I don't believe that there's any additional risk, other than they'll be on the charger longer than the stock batteries, so there's more time for something to go wrong.

But I really wouldn't recommend charging them at night. I don't know that you'd ever have an issue. I've just been scared into charging those things where I can see them. I've heard you're not supposed to leave them on the charger for a long time once they're done, but I haven't seen that documented anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If maximum flight time is desirable, the 2700-2800mah batteries that people are finding that fit into Phantoms are good.

But on the flip side, they can cost quite a bit more and only offer 2-3 more minutes.

Whereas you can also buy far less expensive replacement batteries from HobbyKing and others that will give you more total flying time (once you've swapped batteries of course).

It's ideal to never leave a charger unattended, but they're relatively safe, especially if you charge them on a non-flammable surface. (if you're got a good smoke alarm that''ll help)

Gizmo3000 said:
It's ideal to never leave a charger unattended, but they're relatively safe, especially if you charge them on a non-flammable surface. (if you're got a good smoke alarm that''ll help)

LMAO. Make sure you got a good smoke alarm so you can get out and watch your home burn to ashes safely from the outside :lol: :twisted:

I would highly recommend the MadDog batteries... They are amazing, running dual you can count on P2 flight times... :D

Someone had 10 for sale in the classifieds for $250! That's an amzing deal!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik