What backpack, bag or case are you considering?

Reaction score
Many new cases will be out in the coming weeks. Since the Mavic Pro is so compact there will be many carrying options. What existing cases are people considering?

I got the "Fly More" bundle so it comes with a bag. I will be using it as a quick grab and go. When on my bike, however, it will be put in my tank bag.

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of the battery and controller?

Agreed on the included bag. I think that will be more than enough for most use, especially since it's designed to carry the unit, controller, charger, and three batteries (using the external pouches). Everything in a little compact case that you can throw in a suitcase or carryon.

I will use the carrying bag that comes with the bundle. Considering how small it is, I don't think you'll need a hard case.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a few bags listed here. I'm slowly adding more as I see people recommend them. Perhaps the dimensions on those bags will help you find a bag with similar sized compartments.

Reactions: kmaluo and nash
I have a few bags listed here. I'm slowly adding more as I see people recommend them. Perhaps the dimensions on those bags will help you find a bag with similar sized compartments.

Great website! I've bookmarked it.

Personally I'd like to see what kind of custom bags they come up with for mavic specifically

The dji bag looks awful. You can't pay me to put my controller on top of my bird like they do in all vids I've seen with the bag

I'm sorry but that DJI shoulder bag (euro man purse) is a terrible design. Call it a satchel if you want but Indiana Jones would not use that either. Just get your favorite backpack and throw it in there use the rest of the space for water and snacks, then go have fun flying.

Last edited:
The mavic folded up reminds me of the old days when we used handheld camcorders with the flip-screen and baby sized VCR tapes. Maybe those padded camcorder bags could make comeback.
For now, Girlfriend has room in her handbag. I will pocket the controller and tell the missus it's a 4 blade foldaway heatless hair dryer that oddly takes selfies.

Reactions: Bajafj
I'm buying my Mavic when the iPad mini adapter is created, then I'll get a small backpack that will hold the iPad mini too, plus some other stuff.

Reactions: theronmalone
Considering the size of the Mavic, any small DSLR camera bag should do. They also come padded and with extra pockets, great for spare battery, some memory cards, etc. At Amazon these bags are dime a dozen, so no need to buy anything fancy. Just check dimensions to make sure you have enough internal space to store everything.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: SKOLEZ and kmaluo
I picked this up today. Really good deal and great for the Mavic Pro and other items.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EWNJ8GS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I was about to get this one but saw this
https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Slin...1475609194&sr=8-1&keywords=slingshot+edge+150
one at Bestbuy on sale for 44.99 so far this is the winner, though still considering my options.
If anyone has any suggestions, I like to have hands free so a backpack would be ideal.

I was about to get this one but saw this
https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Slin...1475609194&sr=8-1&keywords=slingshot+edge+150
one at Bestbuy on sale for 44.99 so far this is the winner, though still considering my options.
If anyone has any suggestions, I like to have hands free so a backpack would be ideal.

I was actually really impressed with the MountainSmith. These are great quality and the price is down to around $36.00. What? That is amazing. Perfect size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EWNJ8GS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I'm considering a Tamrac Jetty 7:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Get a Lowepro slingbag used for cameras. High quality, easy access, great protection. Compact DSLR Camera Sling Bag | LowePro | Slingshot Edge Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases

Slingshot%20Edge%20250%20AW%203.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers