What are your guys battery settings and landing at?

Reaction score
Just wondering what battery percentage are you guys landing them at and what are your settings at mine are at 35 and 25 right now is this to high should I go lower?

Reactions: bodine
I set my warning at 20 and critical at 10.

10 is enough to immediately descend from around ~400 ft worst case scenario, but she'll start auto landing at 20 unless I interrupt.

Personally, I plan flights in advance, and monitor battery levels (and voltages) closely, so pushing the "automatic intervention point" as far away as possible is good for my purposes. Twice I've almost missed cancelling the auto-RTH which in either case would have been disastrous.

For more novice flyers, I'd suggest putting the warning at 30, or if you're really conservative, 55. But for those who largely (knock on wood) know what they're doing, less automatic intervention is better.

I've herd at 10 percent they have been known for the motors to stop and fall. I'm getting 15 min of flight at 35% of battery and been debating of turning it down to 20

Depends on the way you fly and your comfort level. I have mine at 25/15 but also monitor the battery voltage every minute or so, have C2 set for that so a quick press, evaluate readings, and press to get back. I NEVER allow my battery to get below 25% at any great distance (+/- 1000') There are just too many things that could go wrong. And yes there have been reports of motors just shutting off at 10% and below, this has never happened to me on the P3 but it did one time on my P2 at 8% (hence my new rule)

i try to prepare for landing at 40%, be close to my landing spot etc. i always land in good time, only sometimes when im below 30%

I'm at 30/15 but will usually land around 20%. I take it down to 10% every 20 cycles.

I always fly to 50% - this way my voltage stays strong and I've never had an issue. I do on occasion go to 40% if it's a crucial shot.

Sent from my PT beating heart

About 13. I am literally shooting no more than two minute pieces at a time. I don't need that much time. Even with my longer distance shots I don't need much.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic