What Are You Looking To Buy Next?

Reaction score
I've just been looking over when I bought my UAV's and it got me thinking about what I might buy next. I've come to realise that you don't need a large fleet of UAV's. If you have more then five to seven, chances are, some of them will gather dust on a shelf for most of their lives. At least, that's what three to four of mine are doing. Looking to the future, I would like to buy more advanced UAV's to play with, as opposed to my current basic toy-grade UAV's. There are two that I have in mind so far.

http://www.hubsan.com/productinfo_15_trueJ.html - The 'Hubsan X4 H109'

http://www.helipal.com/storm-racing-drone-gps-rtf-naza-v2.html - The 'Storm Racing Drone GPS'

It's very early days for these two. I'm not looking to buy them until they've been out for a while. But they look like a lot of fun to fly and just a little better then my current low-end/mid-range UAV's. I'm also looking to get a DJI F550 Flamewheel Hex. But I'm not sure weather I'd like to buy it as a kit and build it, or have it pre-built. Also, I think an F550 would be the next step up from my Vision Plus. So it's not something I currently really 'need' and hopefully wont be 'needing' for a while longer.

It's likely to be a whole year before I buy anything new for my fleet, unless I win some money on the Lotto. I've decided that I only need two or three low-end UAV's, one or two mid-range UAV's and one or two high-end UAV's. Any more would be a waste for me. My current fleet should last me a while longer. What about you guys? What UAV's are you planning to buy next?

Waiting on Hubsan's unicorn... It looks like the X4 H109S Pro is real... and about to be released. I want to watch the post release developments to see how that goes. If I don't go that route, I'll be more than happy to pick up a Yuneek Q 500 Typhoon... I'd love to buy an Inspire 1, but then I'd have to eat my own cooking... :( :( :(

-slinger

Looking at the Hubsan X4 Pro. Wish the price and release date would be posted. Interested to see the post release developments as well.

MaxAero showed off two interesting new models at CES earlier this year.
The word was that they were to be released in March but everything has been very quiet.
I'm waiting with interest to see these.

The X-star looks very similar to the Phantom and may be strong competition for it.
http://www.maxaero.com/cycms/Xstar/572.jhtml
i-DR3sNb8-L.jpg

Also comes in black or white.

The bigger bird, the Venture II looks particularly interesting and
may be a good alternative to the Inspire. It comes in black or orange.
http://www.maxaero.com/cycms/Venture/598.jhtml#
i-7WSWsrx-L.jpg

The company says they are bringing out a 4K camera for it in June.

i-zHwLD48-L.jpg

I was planning on doing a build that actually looks kinda like your storm racing drone. If that hubsan x4 pro ever comes out, I might try to get that as well if I can. Gotta keep the wife happy too, because if she ain't happy, nobody's happy.

You might want to look at some of the Align quads. I have M690L and it's build quality is excellent -

Attachments

• Align & Phantom.jpg
    Align & Phantom.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 622
Those Align quads look amazing! I'd love to get one of those as well, but aren't they kinda pricey? I like those ninja quads as well, just because you can do 3d with them.

EMCSQUAR said:
You might want to look at some of the Align quads. I have M690L and it's build quality is excellent -

Man... that's a beautiful quad... whimper... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

Dafuq is that mutant killer UAV?! :shock: That HAS to have cost a small fortune and be able to lift a human.. or dog? :lol:

Thanks for the responses everyone! Seems a number of people are interested in the Hubsan H109S Pro. I'm absolutely interested too, but I couldn't justify buying it. I spent a lot (by my standards) on my two Phantoms. I'm not on a very large income at all. The H109S Pro would leave a HUGE mark on my small savings. As would the Yuneec Q500, which seems like a pretty ideal quad for me. I wouldn't do the Inspire 1 justice if I had it. I think it's a little beyond hobby-grade. Those others seem cool. But as you can probably tell by now, I'm pretty much out of the higher-end market at the moment.

That X-Start looks A LOT like a Phantom. I couldn't get that website to work it seems. Or are some/many things not released yet?

That Venture II camera has had people thinking about the Phantom 3 it seems. Someone on another website said it might be the Phantom 3 camera, lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj