What are these cables for? One snatched :(

Reaction score
Just got this drone, it flies fine. But found these on the under side. Dont know what they are for.

Attachments

• 20170221_151141.jpg
    20170221_151141.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 416
The first red and ground are power to an FPV transmitter, second yellow and ground are video out to said FPV transmitter. Don't worry about them for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okej, nice. For later on i believe :) The one with the connector, whats that for?

Sorry, I didn't even see that one in the picture! It's for use with a Zenmuse gimbal. DO NOT PLUG IT INTO ANY OTHER KIND OF GIMBAL BUT ZENMUSE H3-2D, H3-3D, OR H4-3D! The pin connector might fit other brands/models but what each pin does will change and will short out your drone on these non-DJI gimbals, causing excessive current draw over this little 1 amp-max-current inductor that acts as a voltage regulator/fuse and will blow your drone up.

Just got this drone, it flies fine. But found these on the under side. Dont know what they are for.

The 8 pin gray cable feeds power to the zenmuse gimbal IMU, tilting, yaw and video from the camera to the CAM socket inside the shell. An the multicolored cable is connected to the CAM socket and feeds video and power to a transmitter when installed which is part of FPV (first person view) system.

That gray cable can only be connected to zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal and will not work with any aftermarket gimbal nor will it BLOWUP your P2. What will damage the L1 inductor is crossing the power leads coming from the CAM socket to a transmitter. Here is a photo of the aftermath to L1.
Shorted L2 main board.jpg

Is this cables all original or something they bought after? And can i open the drone and remove them until i have rest of the stuff needed? is it hard to open without damage the drone?

Is this cables all original or something they bought after? And can i open the drone and remove them until i have rest of the stuff needed? is it hard to open without damage the drone?

Cables are all original, but I would just leave them plugged in so you don't lose where they are supposed to go later. You can unscrew the shell and remove the top half of the shell and just pull them up inside if they really bother you.

Thanks! They hang lose now and the preowner used some silver tape,thats the name of it? :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic