What are the common problems with Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hii guys, What are the common problems with Phantom 3 standard faced by people everyday? Tell us your experiences. :) Is P3S a reliable aircraft? Thank you!!!

Apart from the limitations of the wifi based technology, I never had a problem with my first phantom (PS3). Great piece of kit that introduced me to a flying camera and it was pretty much faultless. Only reason I sold it was because I was after more range and flight time with the extra features of the later models.

Hii guys, What are the common problems with Phantom 3 standard faced by people everyday? Tell us your experiences. :) Is P3S a reliable aircraft? Thank you!!!
You would probably get more responses in the Standard forum than here in the Pro/Adv forum. Just a thought. :)

WiFi break up seems like pretty normal in here. Dont you have a windsurfer?
Windsurfer does not guarantee constant wifi connectivity. it only extend the range a little bit. I have a standard as well and the most common issue is the limited range, although saw some threads where people claiming over 12,000 feet in open space and in the country side where there is not wifi interference. The most I got further is close to 3000 feet.

WiFi break up seems like pretty normal in here. Dont you have a windsurfer?

Windsurfer only works on 5.8GHz control antenna ... has nothing to do with 2.4 ...

Nigel

Windsurfer only works on 5.8GHz control antenna ... has nothing to do with 2.4 ...

Nigel

My uav bought from Japan. It means it s 900mhz. Can't I use a windsurfer for my aircraft? Heard it amplifies the radio signal. 2.4ghz means WiFi right?

If you have an antenna that the "windsurfer" will slide onto, it will work. I know the homemade one will work for both 5.8 and 2.4. I can't say for sure about .9

Windsurfer does not care what frequency is as long as the wavelength falls within the size of the parabola.

The problem is whether you have an antenna to mount it on.

I fitted Argtek to my P3S controller ... I then found that I was getting control loss before video loss at times. So I glued two normal Windsurfers together and fitted to the centre Argtek 5.8 ... WOW !! 5kms !! no problem

You could if you put one set antenna down and other UP have windsurfers on all three - then double WOW !! Difficult to have all 3 UP with them on as they hit each other.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr