What are the best camera setting go for stills?

Reaction score
hi guys. I wanted to get you guys input on what you think is the absolute best settings for taking pictures with the drone. I took some last night and I wasn't particularly impressed and I just want to make sure that I have the best settings set.any of you have any input? Thanks so much in advance

Shooting in RAW format will get you the best overall quality if you're going to edit the photos in Lightroom or Photoshop afterwards. If you're just shooting in JPG format and are not going to adjust the picture afterwards, these things should help you out. Please know that there are tons of variables when it comes to photos so these settings will not work for every scenario but I'm guessing you probably go fly on calm sunny days the majority of the time.

Manually adjusting the settings for each shoot and scenario can greatly improve your picture quality rather than leaving everything on "auto" settings.

- Shoot in "L" mode for the biggest picture.
- Video setting doesn't matter for photos.
- Set to JPG format.
- Set ISO to 100.
- Manually set the white balance. For example, if it's sunny, select the sun icon. If it's cloudy, select the cloud icon. Etc.
- Set the focus metering to average. That is the icon without the dot between the parentheses. Looks like ( ) but flipped on it's side.
- Set the exposure to -.7 or -.3, I've found the FC200 camera likes to overexpose most pictures even when set at the 0 setting. You can set it to above 0 if shooting night shots though. Plus, it's always easier to turn up exposure in post rather than bringing it down.
- Leave the sharpness setting on STD always.
- The Hz can be left on Auto.

Like I said, these settings have worked in most scenarios for me. I'm not promising a night and day difference but hope that helps!

I will have to mess with it some more. I shot in RAW and the picture came out horrible and ISO also was set to 100. Maybe there wasn't enough light. I was trying to shoot a sunset and the Sun was still up but still, the JPG came out way better. Thanks so much for the response, greatly appreciated

Jeffin916, did you edit your photos in something like Adobe Lightroom after shooting them in RAW? RAW photos aren't meant to be used as-is.

You have to post process the RAW photo, you just can't leave it as is. That is why the JPEG looks better to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31