What are channels used for?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

With risk of sounding ignorant (better ask and look stupid than stay ignorant)
, i keep seeing discussions about channels but i have no idea of how to use them, what diference does it make to change the channel and how to know which one is best for each flight.

Can someone explain to me?

Reactions: JDGecko
Think of a radio in your car. Different frequencies pull in different stations. In this case, it's all on the 2.4 ghz band but the channels further define the signal and separate it. 1-32 in our case and if you check using a wifi app you can see who's router or wifi device is occupying a specif channel. The more people using one channel the more chance for interference. More interference means less potential range.

Reactions: Rodrigo Leal
Think of a radio in your car. Different frequencies pull in different stations. In this case, it's all on the 2.4 ghz band but the channels further define the signal and separate it. 1-32 in our case and if you check using a wifi app you can see who's router or wifi device is occupying a specif channel. The more people using one channel the more chance for interference. More interference means less potential range.
Actually I think there is only 14 really. And not all those legal in US. Not sure where dji comes up with numbering. Anyone know?

So in automatic it will choose the "best" channel, but if i have a wifi app i can check if any channel is free and input it manually right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav