What apps do you use?

Reaction score
So while I was waiting for my P2V to be delivered, I found a couple of iOS apps that I thought would come in handy.

Golf GPS.
I use this at times on the golf course. But it gives you a series of rings, each ring representing a different distance from your GPS location. Goes up to 300 yards or meters, whichever you choose in the settings. Just kind of gives you an idea of your range prior to flying. There's a free version with ads or you can get the $.99 version with no ads.

Zephyrcharts
This is a free app that gives you aeronautical maps. It uses your GPS coordinates so you can see where you are in relation to any nearby airports and you can quickly determine what part of the airport's airspace you are in. If you're not familiar with reading these, then there are some fairly short videos on YT that you can watch once and get what you need to get started to understanding.

What apps are you guys using, if any?

9a1vghTjNEaiIWUnSz6P6BtX-2sPeKOVrZ1GieXffJhU4OA3yX8cgt4JmlUiNsgH3lI=w300

Rec. for Android.

You Need a rooted Android Phone running Kit Kat (who doesn't) and then you can capture your FPV footage (with sound if required). Works a treat. :idea:

Quite like an app called PhotoMap (Android) which automatically pulls off the GPS postn from the exif of your photos and elegantly overlays them onto Google maps. I have just checked and was surprised to see I have been all of the world (have just saved a load of pics of case internals from the forum and many seem to have GPS in their exifs :)).

I've got a cool 'app' on my iPhone called 'Phantom Tool'. It takes your GPS coordinates and overlays a couple of circles on a map that represent different distances to let you know how far 300m, 500m, 750m, and 1Km is. Pretty handy.

I'm pretty sure I found this on the forum here, but I just tried doing a search and can't find it again. I think it was a link to a website and I bookmarked it on the home screen of my iPhone - but now I can't seem to figure out what that address is. Maybe someone will post the link here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31