What antenna is this?

Reaction score
just got this P3S used for a good deal. It had this antennae setup on it when I got it. It has horrible range, 500ft before it loses video. Pretty sure I'm going to trash this setup for something better.
Anyone ever seen anything like it? Do you know what it is?
Let me know if it's fixable with what I have.

Yeah you can find it on amazon

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Replace it with DBS antenna ($109) mod if you feel comfortable doing so. Much better than what you have.

Reactions: TaraFirma
Replace it with DBS antenna ($109) mod if you feel comfortable doing so. Much better than what you have.
Looking into this. It's probably what I'll do. Not uncomfortable at all opening up the RC to make these connections. Pretty simple and straight forward.

Looking into this. It's probably what I'll do. Not uncomfortable at all opening up the RC to make these connections. Pretty simple and straight forward.
Just did mine last night. Going to be doing a test flight today. If you do, just take your time, and be gentle, it's easy.
1472822689945.jpg
1472822708556.jpg
1472822712551.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks good.
Looks like you kept your factory antenna in there and just wrapped up the wires.
Are those the wires that came with the DBS?

just got this P3S used for a good deal. It had this antennae setup on it when I got it. It has horrible range, 500ft before it loses video. Pretty sure I'm going to trash this setup for something better.
Anyone ever seen anything like it? Do you know what it is?
Let me know if it's fixable with what I have.

I saw this thing a few times on aliexpress. But i found all the reviews are negative and only few sales on this item. I think it was meant to make the knock off version of the famous ARGtek.. But to bad it performs even worst than stock antena.

Looks good.
Looks like you kept your factory antenna in there and just wrapped up the wires.
Are those the wires that came with the DBS?
Yes, I kept all three antennas installed and just wrapper and tied the old wire. I know most remove these, I felt if their not in the way, just leave them.
No, those internal cables are not what came with the kit. I bought upgraded cables on ebay. I've read on a few threads that the ones that come with the kit are of low quality. Also have upgraded outside cables on order.

I saw this thing a few times on aliexpress. But i found all the reviews are negative and only few sales on this item. I think it was meant to make the knock off version of the famous ARGtek.. But to bad it performs even worst than stock antena.
Wish I had the stock hardware. I can only get about 500ft before I lose video.

Wish I had the stock hardware. I can only get about 500ft before I lose video.

i have a package of 3pairs 5dbi RP-SMA wifi omni antena + UFL cable on the way from aliexpress. i planed to mod the stock 2.4g antena with these replacement. i know maybe most people would suggest me to go for ARGtek or DBS ITELite, but in this range of price i think it worth to try when you dont have stock antenna. Here is the example

Yes, I kept all three antennas installed and just wrapper and tied the old wire. I know most remove these, I felt if their not in the way, just leave them.
No, those internal cables are not what came with the kit. I bought upgraded cables on ebay. I've read on a few threads that the ones that come with the kit are of low quality. Also have upgraded outside cables on order.
Really good looking install. This is the route I'm going to take too.
Do you have a link to the upgraded cables you got on eBay?

i have a package of 3pairs 5dbi RP-SMA wifi omni antena + UFL cable on the way from aliexpress. i planed to mod the stock 2.4g antena with these replacement. i know maybe most people would suggest me to go for ARGtek or DBS ITELite, but in this range of price i think it worth to try when you dont have stock antenna. Here is the example
Saw this last night after making this thread. Thought about going this route, but I figure I'll just go with the DBS and only do it once.

Has any one kept the argtek bracket and mounted the DBS on that?
Never mind. Yea you can found the post

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of personal preference. If you leave it you won't lose it in case you decide to go back to it later. But if you leave it you will have to to make sure the wires are fixed so they can't move around and touch any electronics inside.

Sent from my Z963VL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20