What Android App. works best??

Reaction score
After numerous hours of reading thru threads on the connectivity of certain Android OS/versions, I'm thinking that I need a tablet that has the latest version of 5.0 "Lollipop" OR can the latest version of 7.0 "Nougat" work? This will be just for use with my P3 S. I have read, that some pilots have issues with each one at times. Even when spending big $$ on a device (Apple), problems do exist. Even when using the Litchi App. folks have had issues. I guess I'm just trying to narrow my choices before I throw my $$ out there. Any advice is muchly appreciated. My eyes are bleeding and my head hurts from all the info I have tried to decipher!! Again, thanks to all who participate in this journey.
H.P.:rolleyes:

OR can the latest version of 7.0 "Nougat" work?
Yes, but again it depends on the device you choose. I run "Nougat" on a Galaxy Tab S2.( SMT-710)....Not to be confused with a Tab2..at times the model of the same device makes a world of difference. This one runs perfectly with the latest GO or Litchi and has for quite a while. No issues what so ever. It seems it is a roll of the dice so to speak. The year and model does seem to make a difference, even with the latest app versions. Good Luck!

You can start with the list of DJI approved Android devices. Which one works "best" can be a matter of interpretation.

If you want a very cost effective tablet, I would recommend the Lenovo Tab 4, which comes in both an 8" and 10" variety. I have both of them and have used them with DJI Go (for Phantom 3), DJI Go 4 (for Spark, Mavic, and Phantom 4), and Litchi.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07193VPNF/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711BT1QK/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can start with the list of DJI approved Android devices. Which one works "best" can be a matter of interpretation.

If you want a very cost effective tablet, I would recommend the Lenovo Tab 4, which comes in both an 8" and 10" variety. I have both of them and have used them with DJI Go (for Phantom 3), DJI Go 4 (for Spark, Mavic, and Phantom 4), and Litchi.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07193VPNF/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711BT1QK/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Well, thank you very much for the links. The 8" Lenovo was on my list, so glad I'm heading in the right direction. 10" would be the max I could see my butt carrying around. I know when it comes to electronics it's a "crap shoot", but it is what it is! Thanx again for the help. H.P.:)

You can start with the list of DJI approved Android devices
Personally, I am very wary of this list. As the apps update, some devices become unstable. Granted for the most part they are "compatible" but for whatever reason it is, Android is very picky about what runs and what runs "effectively". If you find one that runs "effectively" never update the OS on that device and for the most part you will be trouble free. OS updates + app updates can make the device unusable. I have had this happen a few times. But so far so good with this one. ( Ignoring OS updates ).

Well, thank you very much for the links. The 8" Lenovo was on my list, so glad I'm heading in the right direction. 10" would be the max I could see my butt carrying around. I know when it comes to electronics it's a "crap shoot", but it is what it is! Thanx again for the help. H.P.:)
It's not about the version of Android or what app you run, it's all about having a tablet that has the speed and RAM to run it properly.
If you're shopping, another option to consider that's not on DJI's woefully out-of-date and too short list is the Huawei M3 or M5 which are currently as good as it gets in flying tablets.

It's not about the version of Android or what app you run, it's all about having a tablet that has the speed and RAM to run it properly.
If you're shopping, another option to consider that's not on DJI's woefully out-of-date and too short list is the Huawei M3 or M5 which are currently as good as it gets in flying tablets.
Huawei was another tablet I was looking at on Amazon also. Couple of them are spendy, but...we'll see. I take it, RAM/processor speed is what I'm looking for??Thanks. H.P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl