What about the August firmware?

Reaction score
I saw on the DJI website that a new P3P and P3A firmware was released August 4. Anyone did the update?

Well, welcome to the party :)

I updated. All went well for me.

Late to the party....
Yup, really late to the party, I'm in Corsica right now and he only network I have is 3G on my iPad :D So I'll try to find some wifi hotspot and download everything.

First update the bird (the battery will also be updated automatically) then update the transmitter? Am I right?

Yup, really late to the party, I'm in Corsica right now and he only network I have is 3G on my iPad :D So I'll try to find some wifi hotspot and download everything.

First update the bird (the battery will also be updated automatically) then update the transmitter? Am I right?

Correct

Did you notice any improvement?

The vps issues I was having we're corrected. So far I haven't noticed anything bad but still evaluating. Good luck

It should be noted however that some are reporting over heating issues with their iPads due to the app requiring more resources. I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've never had any crashes as of yet.

I wonder why they bothered releasing this "interim" firmware when the next firmware with autonomous flight features is supposed to be released "shortly"? Unless shortly = 2+ months as has been their track record for firmware releases....

I wonder why they bothered releasing this "interim" firmware when the next firmware with autonomous flight features is supposed to be released "shortly"? Unless shortly = 2+ months as has been their track record for firmware releases....

Following the other threads, sources are saying the release will bring many awaited new features. Rumored to be within the next 2 weeks. Who knows if that's accurate

2 weeks bro, not 2 months :)

I did the upgrade all went well checked the txt file shows success I then did rc all good . Then...... Started bird up , no blinking lights an insanely loud beeping noise ...... Can't start her up now I get a need camera and gimble upgrade wtf was fine before

I'm currently holding my breath waiting for the next FW upgrade and all the neat promised new features...

My guess is it won't be shortly. Why would they release last week's, only to release another fairly soon after? It's not like upgrading takes a minute or two. On top of that, I'm sure the DJI CS and/or support departments get swarmed with calls shortly after FW releases.

2 weeks? I can only hope.

JD

Insane been sorted, found a thread on the dji forum seems it's a problem that manifests itself. So if anyone gets the insane constant loud beeb . Clean sd card. Add bin file . Power up and when it starts the insane beep , put it the garage and after 15 min it's back to normal . Check led for green on the gimble and good to go

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj