What about a Group Pro 3 buy?

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals)-

I'm one of the edge-hangers...on a Pro 3. I'm waiting for SOME discount to occur. Obviously either the profit margin is very slim- or there is a "no-discount" agreement for dealers on these. If we got a bunch of Phantom 3 buyers together... could we arrange a deal?

Bob -Hot Springs

Hello @RF Guy. It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

From what I understand is there is some sort of dealer price limitations controlled by DJI that they agree to abide by. It would be interesting to see a group buy set up if it is even possible.

Hello @RF Guy. It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

From what I understand is there is some sort of dealer price limitations controlled by DJI that they agree to abide by. It would be interesting to see a group buy set up if it is even possible.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm an RF Engineer and will be happy to add info on how to make the Phantoms perform at their best. (or better!) Bob

That's correct. Dealers are not supposed to sell below the price listed on DJI's website. For that reason, a group discount would only be possible if you buy from an unauthorized DJI dealer. But, that might void your warranty with DJI.

Last edited:
There can be a big difference in price here in the uk on a P3P the price ranges from (£850 to £1150) now having bought my P2V+ from an Authorised dealer i would not bother to do it again as they were no help when it came to sorting out video loss repairs .The big price difference would get me 2x extra battery's.

now having bought my P2V+ from an Authorised dealer i would not bother to do it again as they were no help when it came to sorting out video loss repairs
Some dealers are more knowledgeable than others. The point of buying from a dealer is that you'll have a valid warranty if you need to use it. If all you need is help, then you're better off coming to a place like this. No single dealer has more knowledge than the collective minds that frequent this forum.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj