What’s the recommendation when no cell signal ?

Reaction score
I am wondering what is the best way to handle your drone or fly when you do not have cell phone signal? First From what I understand is that you do not need cell phone signal to communicate with drone and fly. Hope I’m saying that right. How do you verify or check home point ? Without that map loaded up. Is there a another way To check this? Or is it like you are taking a big risk? I have flown this way one time not to long ago, however I was scared as all heck and had lots of anxiety. I did not fly more than a few minutes being too nervous to loose the drone. Thank you all

Not to worry. I've flown many times in very remote places with no cell service. It is not needed.

I am wondering what is the best way to handle your drone or fly when you do not have cell phone signal?
Just fly and enjoy what you are doing
Your drone doesn't need a phone signal for anything.
First From what I understand is that you do not need cell phone signal to communicate with drone and fly. Hope I’m saying that right. How do you verify or check home point ? Without that map loaded up. Is there a another way To check this? Or is it like you are taking a big risk? I have flown this way one time not to long ago, however I was scared as all heck and had lots of anxiety. I did not fly more than a few minutes being too nervous to loose the drone.
I've been flying for six years and several thousand miles with wifi only tablets and haven't had any issue.
I don't find much use for the maps but if you think you need it, you can cache the maps beforehand or hotspot from your phone.
If you have good GPS and the app is telling you that the drone is within a few feet of the home point, you have recorded a good home point.

There are many areas around North Idaho with no cell service. I always download and cache maps of the areas I'm flying. Not needed, but nice to know when flying toward a road, creek, or other landmark.

Reactions: DroneB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj