Western North Carolina.

I'm in Travelers Rest SC but play in western NC a lot. Where are you at? I am new and learning.

Hi! I'm living an hour west of Asheville in the SW corner of North Carolina. I'm a real newbie, having just purchased a new Phantom 2 with a gimbal and a GoPro Hero3+ camera. My first Phantom flight has not happened yet, as the wind is howling outside, so my experience is currently limited to trying to gain some flying skills with a little Syma X1 quadcopter in my living room without hurting anyone. (Someone said it might be a good idea to experience your first crashes with a $50 toy rather than a Phantom 2.) I sure hope the 6 axis Phantom 2 is a lot easier to fly than the little 3 axis Syma X1!
When the weather gets better, maybe we could get a group together to meet in Asheville on a nice, calm Saturday morning to share some knowledge, and/or possibly share a meal together (iHop?). I haven't even looked for a place to fly yet, so I'm wondering if I'll run into trouble with the local authorities when I do.
If any of you are interested, I'd be up for a meeting in late April or early May (on semi-short notice as the weather forecast can change pretty quickly). Maybe we could meet up for a late breakfast (10:00 am) and then go flying for a couple of hours. Anyone else think they'd like to meet in Asheville sometime?

I'm off Hwy 11 just East of 25 in SC. Weekends are tough but I might be game. I suggest you find a nice LARGE field to start out. Pay attention to calibrating your compass and wait for the green lights. You might want to get comfortable without the gimble and camera to start. It does add weight and throws CG off a little but not bad. I didn't mount my camera until I had 20 or so flights in. You will crash! Beware of power lines as many feel it causes fly aways and an un-needed obstacle. If you feel it getting away from you, let go of the sticks and it will come into a nice hover where you can take a breath. As you know it's been real windy with these last few fronts going through so on those days, do what I do. Fly my kite! Let us know how you make out and good flying!

Just got mine Friday, April11th and have logged about an hour, with a long way to go.
I live in Jonesborough, Tennessee, about a hour from Asheville and always up for meet and learn some more

I will probably order a Phantom 2 Vision + within the next 30 days and would like to get together with any other pilots in the WNC area. I live in Waynesville.

I just bought a Phantom v.1.1.1 TODAY and am always looking for an excuse to make it out to the western part of the state... The girlfriend just got accepted to App State for Grad School (Boone, NC area) so I will probably be up in that area quite often...

Anyone up that way feel free to shoot me a message:
[email protected]
(919)741-8832

Both come to my phone and I am always looking forward to meeting new people, seeing their flying rigs and having a great time with my hobby...

Hope to hear from some of youguys sometime soon!

Boone Area -
About 10 miles from Boone is a little town called Valle Crucis (it's where the original Mast General Store is located). There is a park there with a large lake, huge fields and some nice shady trees to set up. Flew my phantom there last weekend and it was very nice. Called Valle Crucis Community Park - www.vallecrucispark.com

There is a stream at one side that folks use as a "swimming hole" - when you are comfortable with your phantom it makes for some interesting flying!

Good luck!

Tcg

I'm in Johnson City, TN about 45 minutes North of Asheville. I'm near Bristol, TN - Kingsport, TN and Gray, TN.. Anybody interested in talking about a good place to fly my Phantom 2 vision.?

skycam said:
I am a new member and live in Hickory.

I just purchased a phantom2 and I live in Hickory. Let me know if you want to fly sometime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic