Western Mass or Northern CT?

Reaction score
How ya doing everybody? I thought I'd throw up a thread on here for anyone who owns, or plans on owning a phantom (or any quad really), in the Western MA or North West CT area's. I live near Springfield, but work in Enfield so I'm used to CT.

If your looking to meetup sometime and do some flying, trade knowlage and such, definitely hit me up! Always happy to meet new folks that are into this sort of thing!

P.s. Feel free to PM me on here, I browse this forum often!

You should try the Big E. As long as their is no activity going on that would cause them to use the big field you can fly there. Widest point is 1649 ft. Sometimes you'll find golfers practicing there just go in other area and fly. Also there's a couple guys (one with a trailer full of planes) that think they own the place and want to keep it private to themselves. They tell new people going there you have to be an AMA member. That's bull. it's to scare ya off. I lived in this town 68 yrs and told them to F**k off. Will ask the GM of the place. they were like Noooooo don't. LOL anyways go to the entrance to storrowtown and just tell the guard you're headed to the flight line. Great for flying there.
big E.JPG

I spend some time in W. Mass - fly mostly around the corner in easthampton and southampton, etc.
Lots of conservation land around. I also do some "hit and run" stuff to get the better urban photos.

One of my future vids is going to be Glendale Falls - it's up in the hills and has all kinds of small falls and pools making one long fall - but you cannot see it all from any one location, making it perfect for a quad video.

This is easthampton after an early snowfall.

The Big E tip is great - a pic of Springfield near sunset from that angle would probably be nice.

Attachments

• eastho.jpg
    eastho.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 422
wonder if we can launch from mt. Tom. Just tell the guard at the Big E gate you're going to the flight line. Head way to the other side past the better living building etc. You'll see the big open parking area. Keep an eye on the schedule for them since sometimes will be a lot of horse trailers out there. I usually park under the trees by the dike. Now you may encounter some of the winged fliers. They think they own the place etc. Will tell you that you have to belong to the AMA etc. No you don't have to. They just want to keep it to themselves. I've lived in this town 68 yrs and they ain't gonna give me ****. Besides the town media dept. just asked me to take some aerial shots of the schools and other things like library addition going on etc. Stuff they can post on their site. Wanted to pay but I said no. This will be my volunteer work for the town. Course this also will keep people/police off my back since I'll be doing stuff for the town at my convenience. Just a thought for you guys to get a leg up on possible complaints. .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik