Western Maryland Volenteers

Reaction score
I live near Clear Spring Maryland and over the last few days have been inundated with rain. This area is surrounded by Creeks, Rivers and small tributaries that have swollen and overflowed the last few days.
There also are a lot of lowland that has flooded and closed roads.
Yesterday I took up my P3S to get a closer look at homes and bridges and was amazed.
With Florence coming there is a potential for dramatic flooding in the North East.
I’d like to propose putting together a list of Pilots in the Western Maryland area who would be willing to assist [with no compensation] local authorities in inspect Bridges and Roadways in the area.
TIA

You're going to need your Part 107 (compensation or not) to perform this task. Make sure this is a coordinated effort as to not relay/restrict official Emergency Services from operating in the area.

Self Deployment should never be an option so be sure to work with/through the local Agency Having Jurisdiction (AJH).

Before I get dressed down.
The proper spelling is
“ Volunteer “
Initial conversations with Local Officials
“ Part 107 will be Waived “
And of course no one should interfere with on going operations.

Before I get dressed down.
The proper spelling is
“ Volunteer “
Initial conversations with Local Officials
“ Part 107 will be Waived “
And of course no one should interfere with on going operations.

Well that's fine but your local officials are doing something THEY aren't allowed to do. Volunteer or not it goes against the FARs. I know because I VOLUNTEER on a local, state and National level and every where I go I have to have certain credentials.

Safe flights regardless.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj