West Highlands of Scotland.

Nicely done, the people who live in that 'Highlander' castle must get fed up with drones buzzing around their house :)

Thanks Ginger, I don’t think anyone lives there anymore, there’s property a little way off where the wardens lives. This year the Castle Trust put up signs asking for no drone flying between 9am - 6pm which is really great for early rising summer flyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: gingerbloke
Thanks Ginger, I don’t think anyone lives there anymore, there’s property a little way off where the wardens lives. This year the Castle Trust put up signs asking for no drone flying between 9am - 6pm which is really great for early rising summer flyers.
What a thoroughly sensible approach?!? Golden hour best for photos most of the time = win/win

Cheers, I’m in Leabrooks. You’re near Derby right? Any idea when they’re going to bring them towers down at Willington?
No, not quite right there . . . Used to have some colleagues live in Leabrooks.

Look right at top right of county - Notts. Republic of S Yorkshire & Derbyshire . . . Take my name on here - Whitwellian - and you'll know where I live ;)

I was down in Nottingham justice museum today looking at the display about Pentritch rebellion. Very interesting!!

To say I used to drive down to Ambergate every day when I worked for GR Stein at the site now used as a depot by Lockwoods I never knew of the history of that immediate area.

Last edited:
I don't think drones are as sensitive to the need for the golden hour as land based photo/video owing to the perspective from above. Also, as drones turn and face the Sun quite often having the Sun higher in the sky is actually an advantage as it's less likely to wash out the video or require a massive exposure reduction. For example, this video was shot just in May a bit after noon so the Sun was almost directly above me.

Brian

rjR9UwDmBzBKeHXz2
View media item 4029View media item 4028View media item 4027
I confess I don't do video much with my drone, but the camera always impresses me enough to get me up & about at 5am some mornings!

Adam

I can’t see the photo’s Adam and when I go webview I get the error that I don’t have permission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik