Went on my first stealth mission tonight...

Reaction score
Blacked out the LED's and flew over the high school stadium during a track meet. About 900m. Only problem I forgot to press the record button on my GoPro. Hate when that happens...

sm_worthless.gif

5kkprd.jpg

I meant that without the video this thread kind of loses most of its raison d'être but this at least livens it up a bit. :mrgreen:

I've had a few occasions too where I even started the recording of my FC40 camera... I thought... but back home I found no recording on the memory card.

A few years back I thought I had recorded a very bold and hungry duck which from a huge group of birds in one of the few remaining pieces of open water under/near a bridge during a cold winter had actually flown up to me on the bridge and came to me to eat the bread I was throwing there from my hand. His daring feat gave him a pretty full stomach but it was one of those situations where you are at least one hand short and it turned out the camera wasn't recording and when I thought I ended the recording I actually started it so later I had an upside down recording made with the camera dangling from its wrist strap instead of what would have been a very nice bit of video.

Someone should kill this Murphy guy. :roll:

Would have been cool to see the video, but for me, flying over a large crowd like that is too risky. If that thing crashed into a crowd... :shock:.

Glad it went well, though!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
flying over a large crowd like that is too risky. If that thing crashed into a crowd... :shock:.

I agree. You've got to be more responsible than that mate. A P2 falling from 900m into a crowd is gonna hurt someone badly. I had a blade failure the other day, through no fault of my own. My P2 fell from 120m.... luckily into a field.... No matter how good you think you are at flying, remember that the P2 can, and will, bite you at somepoint :shock:

I guess I should have been exact with my choice of words. I was never directly over the stadium. I was however over the high school (building) itself (120m in altitude) looking down at the stadium at about 45-60 degrees. Wouldn't have flown over the stadium. I'm not that ballsy.

hook3m said:
I guess I should have been exact with my choice of words. I was never directly flew over the stadium. I was however over the high school (building) itself (120m in altitude) looking down at the stadium at about 45-60 degrees. Wouldn't have flown over the stadium. I'm not that ballsy.

That makes me feel better! I bet that was a cool angle, too.

There's a group of soccer players at the park where I normally fly who said as soon as I get the GoPro and gimbal that they'd pay me to come back and video a game of theirs. Would be kind of neat to circle the field as they play and stuff.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers