- lemon yellow > royal blue
- lemon yellow > tangerine
- lemon yellow < tangerine
- cherry red + scarlet red
- blue jean > royal blue

zcEoyPr.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqh-Zv0d9Vs[/youtube]

Reactions: unclejas
Do you find the color gets the darkest faster by just leaving them in for a few minutes rather than leaving them in the dye longer ?

I've found that increasing length of time and/or increasing concentration lead to darker shades.

When I did my red ones with what you used they seemed to be brighter red quick and then turned kinda pinkish red leaving them longer . Used a lot of dye to do them with too.
Me just haven't got the hang of it yet ;)

Joeg1937 said:
Does the hot water do anything to the props? Do you balance them after ?
Didn't hurt mine and stayed balanced in my case . Wouldn't leave them in boiling water though :shock:

dirkclod said:
When I did my red ones with what you used they seemed to be brighter red quick and then turned kinda pinkish red leaving them longer . Used a lot of dye to do them with too.
Scarlett or Cherry Red?

dirkclod said:
Also, did you use liquid or powder? I've heard there are slight variations between the two (despite being labeled the same color).

HappyFlyer's came out more red than mine. Mine are darker, almost blood, red.

Here is HappyFlyer's using Scarlet Red: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32318&hilit=painting+props&start=40

Hmmm...maybe I should start a service. :D $$$

dptcalvin said:
dirkclod said:
Scarlett or Cherry Red?
Scarlet

dirkclod said:
dptcalvin said:
dirkclod said:
Scarlett or Cherry Red?
Scarlet
Tryed both and the blue looked good.

Meta4 said:
Wow .. now mix and match a Phantom with 4 colours and photograph it with a slow shutter speed for the fruit salad effect.

:lol:

dptcalvin said:
dirkclod said:
Also, did you use liquid or powder? I've heard there are slight variations between the two (despite being labeled the same color).

HappyFlyer's came out more red than mine. Mine are darker, almost blood, red.

Here is HappyFlyer's using Scarlet Red: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32318&hilit=painting+props&start=40

Hmmm...maybe I should start a service. :D $$$

I was hoping that your question would be answered. My sister uses super concentrated liquid, blue dye to color the water in the pond/waterfall that I installed her a new pump in. She called the pump installation something that could land on Mars! I did get creative with valves, etc. :)

dptcalvin said:
From left to right:

- blue jean > royal blue

zcEoyPr.jpg

**** those look great! Care to share your technique? :)

Who will be the first to dye the entire airframe? Anyone? LOL :cool:

dptcalvin said:
From left to right:

- blue jean > royal blue

So are each of the color sets shown made from 2 colors mixed? Example; lemon yellow + royal blue = green?

Reactions: dirkclod
LuvMyTJ said:

dptcalvin said:
From left to right:

- blue jean > royal blue

So are each of the color sets shown made from 2 colors mixed? Example; lemon yellow + royal blue = green?

Tried to do the landing gear as well but the dye would not penetrate, despite increasing time and heat. Wonder if the shell would be like the props or the gear.

LuvMyTJ said:

dptcalvin said:
From left to right:

- blue jean > royal blue

Yes, none of the props pictured are from a single dye. For the first one, lemon yellow > royal blue means I used more lemon yellow dye than royal blue (but yes, a mixture of both to get green).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20