Well shut my mouth - the P3A now has an "N" number

What do u base the first paragraphs testing info on?
Did you mean "Testing Centers"?

I've been heavily into the whole 333 process since before it was even announced. I've spent more hours than I care to admit reading everything I can about it.

I've been heavily into the whole 333 process since before it was even announced. I've spent more hours than I care to admit reading everything I can about it.
what I meant to say was "

No I did not mean testing centers what I poorly asked is what do you baae your statements concerning testing and FAA possible requirements on - I haven't seen anything that suggests what the changes there may be in lieu of a sports pilots license.

My bad :) I'm basing this off of many many readings and conversations over the last year.

I think this PDF (link) will help shed some light on the subject:
http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/rulemaking/media/021515_sUAS_Summary.pdf

If not let me know and I'll try to find more info to support my thinking (right or wrong LOL).
Thanks for the file - now that i see it I remember stumbling across this info - I wish the FAA would get something done so those of us that want to use commercially can start to do so -

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the file - now that i see it I remember stumbling across this info - I wish the FAA would get something done so those of us that want to use commercially can start to do so -
I completely agree. It's a huge hassle but when you think about how new this technology is just waiting till next year (or 2017) isn't that big of a wait. We just have to integrate into NAS safely or risk being refused from flying in it at all.

I'm not saying that the FAA shouldn't have already gotten this complete, Lord knows they've missed every single deadline about this to date, but they are moving forward and progress is being made even though we can't see it from the outside.

Everything they state in those regulations is so that they know who's door to knock on when something happens in the area.

• Aircraft markings required (same requirements that apply to all other aircraft). If aircraft is too small to display markings in standard size, then the aircraft simply needs to display markings in the largest practicable manner.

Yeah, right. As if any size is going to make any use of it on a foot by foot toy.
Its like a kid trying to register a Little Tykes car at the DMV.
You guys should appeal these rules and demand sane ones, not jump on their falsely created bandwagon.

The FAA knows about public drone use since at least 2011 or 12. So no, they aren't in a hurry.

I think it should be made clear that nothing will stop bozos from flying, especially not an FAA exemption. You aren't doing any service to yourself or the hobby. The only outcome of this can be that if some bozo does cause some damage or harm, they'll come check if it wasn't you.

Last edited:
Those that got tail number. One document I saw said to provide information:
A full description of the UA provided by the manufacturer, builder or applicant in a Notarized statement.
sUA Required Description Items
Full Legal Name of UA Manufacturer or Builder
sUA Model Designation
sUA Serial Number
Class (Airplane, Airship, Rotorcraft, Gyroplane, Ducted Fan)
sUA Maximum Takeoff Weight
Category (Land, Sea, or Both)
Name of Engine Manufacturer
Engine Model Designation
Engine Serial-Numbers (if none shown, enter 'none')
Number of Engines
Engine Power Output (given in HP or Lbs. Thrust)
Engine Type (2 or 4 Cycle Reciprocating, Electric,
Turbo - Fan/Prop/Shaft/Jet)

What did you provide for P3A?

Those that got tail number. One document I saw said to provide information:
A full description of the UA provided by the manufacturer, builder or applicant in a Notarized statement.
sUA Required Description Items
Full Legal Name of UA Manufacturer or Builder
sUA Model Designation
sUA Serial Number
Class (Airplane, Airship, Rotorcraft, Gyroplane, Ducted Fan)
sUA Maximum Takeoff Weight
Category (Land, Sea, or Both)
Name of Engine Manufacturer
Engine Model Designation
Engine Serial-Numbers (if none shown, enter 'none')
Number of Engines
Engine Power Output (given in HP or Lbs. Thrust)
Engine Type (2 or 4 Cycle Reciprocating, Electric,
Turbo - Fan/Prop/Shaft/Jet)

What did you provide for P3A?
the information listed - first I sent in a request and $5 to register and get an N# the FAA mailed it to me I don't think that form (sorry I am not were all the paper work is) is available on the internet - a few weeks later I received a form and letter - the form asked the exact list you have noted - and it had to be notarized as you noted - if you need the form #'s let me know - when I am back at my files I can provide - had to correct first submission, and a couple of weeks later I received a nondescript card in the mail with my N#

Thanks. I think I got everything except "engine Power Output in HP or Lbs. Thrust"
Did you just put 960KV?

Thanks. I think I got everything except "engine Power Output in HP or Lbs. Thrust"
Did you just put 960KV?
Under Type of Engine - Electric
Under Manufacturer, model and serial # of each engine: No manufacturer, no model (I entered this per directions in my first letter from FAA that provided the 8050-88 - Affidavit for amateur-built and other non-top

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20