Well it was bound to happen to me (Crash)

Reaction score
So I'm out practicing and got a little to close to a tree branch. Stopped those motor's quick, fell from about 15' and this is what it looks like.

P_20160729_210956.jpg

P_20160729_211019.jpg

I was able to removed the top shell, and it appears those dangling wires ripped off a antenna like socket from within the gimbal assm., which lead back to 2 ceramic like devices??

What I'm I going to need to make this repair?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Well, first of all, im sorry to hear about your crash.

Here is a list of spare parts and where to buy them.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

The two ceramic like devices are the 2.4ghz antennas, and if the cables snapped you can either replace them OR solder new ends.

If your camera is Ok, you'll need to buy only the lock mechanism, otherwise you'll have to replace the whole gimbal.

Good Luck !

This last link will show you how to take apart the DJI P3 steb by step just in case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeganx
Argoxp do you know where I could find those antenna connectors?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

i got a quote from a repair shop one time and it was going to cost as much as a new drone. the whole reason to crash them is to have an excuse to get a new one!

The gimbal plate should work with super glue, mine did, then I got a replacement but i didnt notice any performance decline from the fixed one.

The gimbal plate should work with super glue, mine did, then I got a replacement but i didnt notice any performance decline from the fixed one.

I wanted to try that, but in my case it deformed before it snapped, and there are some pieces missing.. I may wind up 3D Printing one though..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers