Well, It happened. DRONE DOWN. Now what?

Reaction score
So this happened this past weekend. Now what do I do? I was running 1.0.8 and all was well, hovering and then I went to drop it down a little and it wigged out and dropped straight down.

As far as damage, the camera broke off and the ribbon is no longer connected, thats it. I replaced the blades too.

Anyone have any suggestions? Id like to give it to a local shop or fix it myself if not too hard. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

Attachments

• 20141125_070037.jpg
    20141125_070037.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 729
  • 20141125_070043.jpg
    20141125_070043.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 682
  • 20141125_070059.jpg
    20141125_070059.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 687
  • 20141125_070129.jpg
    20141125_070129.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 716
Wigged out? Can you be a little more explicit?

Nope -- I thought you were confused by that term. Didn't think it was popular in Ireland :D

Sorry I cannot be of repair assistance, but a gimbal bracket may have gone a long way for you. Just sayin. I have one installed just in case, in hopes it might keep that exact thing from happening if I crash.

Jeffin916 said:
So this happened this past weekend. Now what do I do? I was running 1.0.8 and all was well, hovering and then I went to drop it down a little and it wigged out and dropped straight down.

As far as damage, the camera broke off and the ribbon is no longer connected, thats it. I replaced the blades too.

Anyone have any suggestions? Id like to give it to a local shop or fix it myself if not too hard. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!
From the looks of the bend you will need to replace the pitch potentiometer or at least check it's values.

I was hovering and it was fine. The video was choppy and laggy but it was responding to my moves. I pressed down on the left stick a little to drop down and it was coming down and the props made weird noise but it came straight down and I could not control it at all. I tried to press up immediately but nothing. I had 93% battery and had 9 sats.

Jeffin916 said:
I was hovering and it was fine. The video was choppy and laggy but it was responding to my moves. I pressed down on the left stick a little to drop down and it was coming down and the props made weird noise but it came straight down and I could not control it at all. I tried to press up immediately but nothing. I had 93% battery and had 9 sats.
Do you have video? It sounds like VRS to me. When descending at any rate it is best to have some lateral movement. Descending straight down on 1.08 firmware means you do not have the safety feature of max 2m/s of the latest versions.

:eek:
Well, that sucks Jeff!
Looks like you can replace the camera and gimbal, or get a brand new bird.
Black Friday sale.

angelabove said:
sound like Vortex to me.
My vote is for VRS. Just based on Firmware, descent, prop noise, and fact that throttle up did not help.

tstowe, thank you for the referral.
Jeff PM replied, i can def look at it and let you know what it needs to get it back to 100%

hani

hunch said:
tstowe, thank you for the referral.
Jeff PM replied, i can def look at it and let you know what it needs to get it back to 100%

hani

Well, it is in Hani's hands now, well see how it goes. So far, he has been great with communication and telling me all of his services that he performs. So far it has been a painless process. I will report back and let you know how it all went.

Thanks for the referral and all of your guys feedback. I tried to get the video off the card but it was incomplete, even tried to put it back in and power it back up, nada

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic