Well, here goes nothing, video to follow...

Reaction score
viewimage.php

Had an old 32GB iPhone 4, so what the hell. Props aren't balanced so this might be an exercise in jello.

Then again, it's only my 2nd flight, so don't expect a whole lot video wise.

Hmmm. I've got an HTC EVO sitting around from our last set of upgrades. I should try that out for stills and GPS logging. The video isn't likely to be as good as from the GoPro but on the other hand it won't have the fisheye effect either.

the Fisheye effect occurs in all wide and super-wide angle lenses.. try shooting in Narrow mode in the GoPro and it'll be about the same as an iPhone. (in theory, haven't tested. but the iPhone camera's are not very wide angle).

Gizmo3000 said:
the Fisheye effect occurs in all wide and super-wide angle lenses.. try shooting in Narrow mode in the GoPro and it'll be about the same as an iPhone.
Except that I don't have Narrow as an option in 720p60 on the Hero 2. Only in 1080 (and maybe the lower res modes).

I was thinking that a Narrow FOV option was supposed to come to the Hero 2 as a firmware upgrade but I guess it never happened.

Gee. Maybe I'll just have to get a Hero 3. :cool:

pwright said:
Except that I don't have Narrow as an option in 720p60 on the Hero 2. Only in 1080 (and maybe the lower res modes).

I was thinking that a Narrow FOV option was supposed to come to the Hero 2 as a firmware upgrade but I guess it never happened.

Gee. Maybe I'll just have to get a Hero 3. :cool:

Ah,. I wasn't aware (haven't really looked into all the options on my Hero3 to be honest).
but just shot some 720p recently and it didn't seem to curvy.
One of these days I'm going to try to do a comparison and see how different FOV's affect Jello (if they do at all)

I see from the GoPro site that the Hero 3 has Narrow for the 720p and up resolutions. Going to have to try 1080p with Narrow on my next flight and see if that helps.

Note to self...

1. Need more flight time and less time trying to worry about the video. That fence just jumped out at me from the middle of nowhere.

2. Jellllloooo.......

Alex said:
Note to self...

1. Need more flight time and less time trying to worry about the video. That fence just jumped out at me from the middle of nowhere.

Dont' we all!
**** trees keep getting in the way!
practice makes perfect

Alex said:
2. Jellllloooo.......

Is there a 3rd party Camera/movie app that somehow allows you to take fast-shutter videos?
I imagine with the standard camera app the shutter speed is set at 30fps with a relatively slow shutter.
- that's why using a GoPro that does 60p is preferable to reduce the jello.
that, and of course, *balancing your props!!*

Alex said:
Note to self...
Yeah. Getting more flight time is the tricky part. Got 3 batteries now and that means only 15-30 minutes of flight time depending on if I have the GoPro on it.

Alex said:
2. Jellllloooo.......
Heh. Balancing your props will make a big difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik