Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Here’s a taste of the beautiful aerial sights that northern and central Pennsylvania have to offer, with the Welcome Center on US Route 15 as center stage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As always, thanks for watching. Any comments, questions, Likes, and new subscribers are much appreciated!

SKYER

It's worth mentioning that by the end of the shoot, an employee of the Welcome Center came by and politely asked if I could stop flying.

I explained that there were no FAA flying restrictions in that area, and that I didn't find any other restrictions when I did the research before deciding to fly from there. I also pointed out that the rules of use they had posted on site, which listed what activities could and could not be carried out there, had no mention of RC aircraft or drones.

So when I asked why, he confessed that he wasn't really sure, but he had called his boss, and was told I should not be flying, citing some restrictions set by the Army Corps of Engineers over the water reservoir that was near (about a mile away...). But again, he could not elaborate.

Given that the guy wasn't being rude or confrontational, and I already had time to shoot most of the footage I was looking for, I landed and he ended up asking me about the features of the Phantom and chatting about how there's still a lot of misconceptions around this emerging technology.

No harm done, but unfortunately it's one more of the many "you can't fly here" stories we all seem to live at some point...

SKYER

The rest area may be considered a state park. Flying of an UAV is restricted in Pennsylvania in state parks. There are several where it is allowed but in restricted areas only. If it is considered a federal park there are definitely restrictions on that. I live just a short drive of there and have considered flying there when it warms up but I think I will refrain from doing so.

The rest area may be considered a state park. Flying of an UAV is restricted in Pennsylvania in state parks. There are several where it is allowed but in restricted areas only. If it is considered a federal park there are definitely restrictions on that. I live just a short drive of there and have considered flying there when it warms up but I think I will refrain from doing so.

Thanks for the feedback! I was aware of the flying restrictions in state parks, and it was one of the things I looked into before going, but there's no indication that the welcome center in on a state park's land, nor was it mentioned by the person who approached me.

SKYER

Sunset over PA after the late winter storm that left a couple of feet of snow on the ground last week...

DJI_0680.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers