Welcome the New Guy

Reaction score
Hello fellow drone pilots!

Here we have a career military photographer who shoots with a Nikon D750 and a D800e, and played a little bit with GoPro Hero's as well.

My name is Rob, my moniker is Ziptie. Comes from my biker buddies who used to call me MacGyver until I fixed my throttle on a hot day in the Colorado desert with a common ziptie (cable wrap)
DroneFlying_01.jpg
ZiptiePlate_8x10.jpg
while over 20 riders waited without shade. Idled at 3000rpm, but who cared? We got going again. Now I ride a Honda F6B and can pass any Harley I want.

Now I want to do some video. I'll be ready to retire in about three years and want to perhaps supplement my retirement income with standard hi-def video as well as aerial shooting.

Bought the Phantom 4 with an extra battery, got a backpack, antenna reflectors, 12v charging adapter, 64GB card.

Now for ND and Polarizing filters, and flying time under my belt. I usually try to get an hour of practice in every night after work.

I'm looking to provide a niche market to local motorcycle dealers and/or MC clubs who want videos of their rides and/or runs. I'll shoot GoPro video front & rear from my own bike, then setup the drone out of the backpack and have some drive-by shots. Should be fun and hopefully slightly profitable!

Thanks for listening, and nice meeting ya'll...

Ziptie

Attachments

• 20160215_185956.jpg
    20160215_185956.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 219

Here we have a career military photographer who shoots with a Nikon D750 and a D800e, and played a little bit with GoPro Hero's as well.

My name is Rob, my moniker is Ziptie. Comes from my biker buddies who used to call me MacGyver until I fixed my throttle on a hot day in the Colorado desert with a common ziptie (cable wrap) View attachment 84166 View attachment 84167 while over 20 riders waited without shade. Idled at 3000rpm, but who cared? We got going again. Now I ride a Honda F6B and can pass any Harley I want.

Now I want to do some video. I'll be ready to retire in about three years and want to perhaps supplement my retirement income with standard hi-def video as well as aerial shooting.

Bought the Phantom 4 with an extra battery, got a backpack, antenna reflectors, 12v charging adapter, 64GB card.

Now for ND and Polarizing filters, and flying time under my belt. I usually try to get an hour of practice in every night after work.

I'm looking to provide a niche market to local motorcycle dealers and/or MC clubs who want videos of their rides and/or runs. I'll shoot GoPro video front & rear from my own bike, then setup the drone out of the backpack and have some drive-by shots. Should be fun and hopefully slightly profitable!

Ziptie
You may pass a Harley but won't sound better '-)

Welcome to the forum!

My name is Rob, my moniker is Ziptie. Comes from my biker buddies who used to call me MacGyver until I fixed my throttle on a hot day in the Colorado desert with a common ziptie (cable wrap) View attachment 84166 View attachment 84167 while over 20 riders waited without shade. Idled at 3000rpm, but who cared? We got going again. Now I ride a Honda F6B and can pass any Harley I want.

Ziptie

Ziptie
Yip hi from NZ ,cool hobbies bikes and drones :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers