Weird

Reaction score
i was flying my Drone today with 12 Satellite lock, normal flight all was going well but a bit windy,,,,, suddenly its flew away extremely fast above a tower in Dubai of 400m and i lost sight, i turned off the remote and it came back and landed at home point,,,,,,took it to another place and while locked with 10 satellite at 200 m i got a yellow signals and came back alone,,,

recently i installed video link etc,,, this is my 4th flight,,,,, is it interfering with the signal of the remote? any idea? can we change the antenna or increase the performance?

Thanks peeps

It would be really helpful if you mentioned what your setup is.

And you have a non-vision Phantom 2? GoPro? Which GoPro? FPV?

Seems like somethings interfering with your signal. You should get over 1000m. Any chance you had the GoPro wifi turned on?

Reactions: Bachir Moukarzel
Seems like somethings interfering with your signal. You should get over 1000m. Any chance you had the GoPro wifi turned on?
exactly this is what i feel, wifi was off and i was watching the footage the wind looks fine.... Thanks Fyod,

will try it tomorrow and check,,, i can always turn of the remote and it will come back alone always i guess

Just make sure there is enough space around your place of takeoff because the return landing can be off by a few meters.

Reactions: Bachir Moukarzel
i was in a big parking area today,,,the thing in Dubai plenty of towers around me ,,, i just wanna finish my footage before the banned or it crashes :)
trying to climb burj khalifa but 850m might be hard to reach

That could be the problem, if there was a large building between you and the Phantom.
850m might be a problem due to the 1.5m/s (10 minutes) descent rate, but maybe some other members who have flown that high can input their opinion. Btw., I'd love to visit Dubai and fly there!

Hey Bachir, You pay for a plane ticket round trip and I will get my Passport Renewed and come over and teach you how to fly for free, just pick up my food and lodging. ;)

Hey Bachir, You pay for a plane ticket round trip and I will get my Passport Renewed and come over and teach you how to fly for free, just pick up my food and lodging. ;)
hahahahah, i am not that bad in flying :) just yesterday i encountered this issue.....

anyways let me know if you come here, will take care of the lodging :) i work in an hotel chain

i guess whenever the go pro start to record on a new file at 9 min or something i loose control...i noticed that today ..its weird

i guess whenever the go pro start to record on a new file at 9 min or something i loose control...i noticed that today ..its weird
Your GP up to date on software ? Can we see some of you footage ?

Worth asking, do you have the anti-interference board installed?

Your GP up to date on software ? Can we see some of you footage ?
my GP is updated, you want a full footage or when I lost control of the drone ? it happened again yesterday, at some point it just go forward in full speed,, I can upload this part in both footage..

Impossible to offer any suggestions if you dont tell us what radio kit you have turned on, on your craft. Which model / frequency is your Video transmitter? is your GoPro wifi definitely turned off? can you confirm you are using 2.4GHz control frequency? (this is written on the back of your remote control).

Last edited:
Impossible to offer any suggestions if you dont tell us what radio kit you have turned on, on your craft. Which model / frequency is your Video transmitter? is your GoPro wifi definitely turned off? can you confirm you are using 2.4GHz control frequency? (this is written on the back of your remote control).

radio kit model is AVL58 with5.8ghz as frequency. control frequency is 2.4 GHZ. gopro wifi is always off and sure.

once I am home I will upload the footage and copy the link here.

Have you experienced problems when you fly at different locations - such as away from tall buildings etc ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers