Weird Startup Issue with My P3 Pro

Reaction score
I bought this drone factory refurbished, and have had it about a week. Everything has been great until yesterday.

I had a fully charged bird and controller, and was ready for takeoff. All of my indications seemed good, no warnings. I fired up the rotors, and they seemed to only run at maybe 60% power. When it tried to lift and hover, it instead started to tilt towards the ground like it didn't have enough power to fly. I quickly powered down and started over, and had no other problems the rest of the afternoon.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I bought this drone factory refurbished, and have had it about a week. Everything has been great until yesterday.

I had a fully charged bird and controller, and was ready for takeoff. All of my indications seemed good, no warnings. I fired up the rotors, and they seemed to only run at maybe 60% power. When it tried to lift and hover, it instead started to tilt towards the ground like it didn't have enough power to fly. I quickly powered down and started over, and had no other problems the rest of the afternoon.

Any ideas? Thanks!
To me, it sounds like a classic example of lifting off too tentatively. We have seen new owners report it here many times including the tilting over you mentioned. Often the reports also include fully tipping over, so it sounds like you were luckier. We normally tell people to lift off quickly to avoid this issue.

Does this sound at all like what you experienced?

Last edited:
Are you pressing forward when you take off , with little power and forward tilt it will topple over...get that bird in the air quickly...straight up

Being that I'm new to this, I had it in beginner mode. I simply slid the button for it to takeoff and hover automatically as I have been doing. And it did this. Hasn't happened before or since taking off the same way.

mine did this once i can remember being at the beach and had a minor minor crash , got sand in the motors.. got it home blew it out and put the bird on ,, two of the rotors were spinning really slowly..thought ''ill just take her up.... mistake ,,,crashed into fence two metres away sideways no damage but hey presto sorted the slow props.. strange indeed... in otherwords dont take anything for granted with these things..

Reactions: Neon Euc
I live at the beach, but I haven't been on the beach with my drone. Sand definitely scares me with this thing. I don't think I got anything in the motors. It's been fine since this one weird incident. Seems no one has experienced this exact issue which is a little concerning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan