Weird GoPro/FPV problem

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone more experienced can help with a problem that's driving me crazy.

I have a Phantom 2 with a H3-3D gimbal. Set-up included an Immersion RC feeding a BlackPearl 7. Worked FLAWLESSLY. Bought a iSOD mini and a no solder cable. Hooked everything up. I'm getting the feed from the iSOD, but nothing from the GoPro. A few more details :

* I've since swapped out the new cable for the old one -- same problem.

* The GoPro is working. It doesn't feed the FPV, but it's recording.

* The gimbal - in terms of stabilizing - is working fine.

* I've checked, pulled and reset all the cables.

* One wild card is that I also did the gimbal firmware update that recently came through.

Any ideas? This one is driving me absolutely bonkers.

Thanks for the help.

Have you checked the gimbal's little ribbon cable that connects to the USB plug for the gopro? My original one developed a tiny little stress fracture right where it joins that board, just big enough to break the video feed.

Your box should have included a spare, but if not most dealers carry them: http://www.allerc.com/dji-part-56-zh3-3 ... -9339.html

To remove the old one, you'll need to peel up the big black rectangle sticker on the back. Once you do, you'll see the little port inside where the other end of the ribbon cable connects. There's a tiny black lever on the back of that port you will need to lift to release the cable so you can pull it out, and installing the replacement is just the same process in reverse.

Some people have taken the step of wrapping or reinforcing the cable with electrical or duct tape at the point yours broke, and I'll probably try that the next time mine breaks...but I also bought 5 spares just in case.

I discovered that leaving the corner of the sticker up when you replace everything will reduce the amount of torque on that joint where the fracture happened, this pic shows what I mean:

xJvXOzpl.jpg

Reinforcing with electrical tape is a great idea -- thanks.

To say that this is a completely bogus piece of engineering would be an understatement. I've literally got FOUR flights on this thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.