weird behaviour and camara drop

Reaction score
Hi all,

Two weeks ago i have bought a dji phantom 2 vision plus and was rather pleased with it.
Today i was flying and suddenly the camera starting moving wildly in all directions, i lowered the drone and brought it closer when i lost the picture on my screen, the message said lost connection, although i had no picture, it did show the altitude and distance, when it lowered to 2 meters (6,6 feet) something fell of the drone.
I landed the drone and looked for the part, it was part of the gimble and the camera.
The flat black wire seems to have been ripped, the arms insides are exposed, see pictures down below
I had charged my dji battery, it had 67% left when this happened.
I calibrated the compass prior to flying and it showed 11 satellites on the display.
the controller and wifi extender had 80+% power.
I had no crashes in the past.

has anyone dealt with this before?
What should i do, contact the dealer or DJI directly?
I have a hard time following the flow chart here:
http://www.dji.com/service
Would this fall under warranty? I have followed the manual step by step and have done no modifications yet (though i was looking around for antenna's for the wifi extender, i have yet to buy it).

Picture10.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Picture8.jpg

Picture5.jpg

My apologies for any translation errors (English isn't my first language), my apologies if i posted in the wrong place

thank you for the quick reply, i have send them an email, i have it for 2 weeks now (roughly 8 flights), seems rather soon to have this type of malfunction.

Yeah, It's a design flaw and seems to be a common problem, though this is the first I've heard of it coming off during flight.

I'd definitely ask for a warranty repair or replacement. Do it quickly while you're warranty is still valid.

Is there a three on this problem ?

Surely the warranty would be 1 or 2 years for any of these problems.

i have looked it up on the dealers website:
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Factory Defect
*name of the dealer*.com is the only online shop that offers factory warranty. If you have received your products with factory defect, please contact us within 3 days after the item(s) arrived. The product(s) must be in new and unused condition and in its original package. The return shipping cost should be afforded by customer. After we have received the defect item(s) and the defected item(s) is proved to be a factory defect, we will send you new item(s) or have your money back. We will afford the cost of resending.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
that means 3 days :(
that's a lot of money blown on a 2 week hobby.
i have been looking around on this forum and the shaking seems to happen a lot, maybe a general warning for this product is in order? involving social media etc?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj