Weight of add ons

Reaction score
There are lots of threads about flying weight and mounting of add-ons. I just ordered a Tagg pet tracker (pettracker.com) for my P2 with Zen/GoPro. The weight of the Tagg is stated at a little over 30 grams. Add to that my mini ISOD, Immersion Transmitter and soon my Groundstation Air End unit and I will have added around 100g of weight with wiring. I'll probably be velcroing/double stick taping this stuff on near term, but I think I'll get a CF or phenolic board to attach to the P2 to more neatly arrange things.

This does not seem like a lot of extra weight, but I was curious about other people's experience.

DJI also state that the max take-off weight shouldn't be anymore than 1350g for the P2. If you go too much heavier you may find it wallows a bit under the load....

goldfishrock said:
DJI also state that the max take-off weight shouldn't be anymore than 1350g for the P2. If you go too much heavier you may find it wallows a bit under the load....

Because of the camera I'm carrying (Sony RX100), I'm at 1395g and it's fine - no wallowing at all.

100g wil cut a few minutes off flight time, but you should be ok. Nothing else you can do but accept it as a tradeoff for added security and benefits that the extra's provide.

I recently got the tagg tracker as well, and using the included clip and mount, it works perfectly attached to one of my Phantom legs. you cannot remove the rubber arms that it has (those are antenna's), so trying to velcro it to the Phantom would' treally work too well.

here's a pic,. but it can be rotated inside the leg as well.

Attachments

• tracker.jpg
    tracker.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 429
Gizmo3000 said:
100g wil cut a few minutes off flight time, but you should be ok. Nothing else you can do but accept it as a tradeoff for added security and benefits that the extra's provide.

I recently got the tagg tracker as well, and using the included clip and mount, it works perfectly attached to one of my Phantom legs. you cannot remove the rubber arms that it has (those are antenna's), so trying to velcro it to the Phantom would' treally work too well.

here's a pic,. but it can be rotated inside the leg as well.

Yup, got the same setup with Tagg. The clip seems very secure. Hope I never have to use it.

Peter Evans said:
goldfishrock said:

Because of the camera I'm carrying (Sony RX100), I'm at 1395g and it's fine - no wallowing at all.

Agree w/Peter - Mine is loaded almost 1500 and it's fine. It's not a Bonzai kamakazi flyer but it's stable and flys well for videos.

I think I'm around 1450 with all my add-ons. No problems though. I only ever fly to 30% - 1st warning.

goldfishrock said:

Finally got around to weighing my P2 with Zen, GoPro, Immerions 660 mw, Spiro antenna, Mini IOSD. I'm at 1339g. Add the GS module (32g)and I'm guessing I'll be over 1370ish. I see the new Flytrex 2 is like 6g. How much could that hurt?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik