Weekend special!

vortigern said:
I took the Phantom apart and found although it is impossible to install the GPS cable the wrong way round I must have not seated it corrrectly. I had added some new longer landing gear legs to the Phantom ( note it is now much easier to remove the screws of the shell with the longer legs which is a bonus) which required re-setting the compass wire. Also I installed a new version of the 7th Channel modification hardware. Plus I had fitted the lens hood as advertised on the forum which fitted perfectly. On settting the Phantom up for a first flight in my garden I could not obtain any more than 4 satellites even after the battery was run down to almost a half. The phone was indicating a compass calibration was needed but could not do this until the satellites were obtained. I went to a local park and set up again and after some minutes I obtained 6 satellites upon whihc I calibrated the compass. I was now set in NAZA mode with both switches upward in GPS position. The take off form the Helipad was OK but the Phantom acted as if I were in maual mode ( I have never beeen in manual mode so it may not be right) I was constantly having to apply forward or sideways control (the wind was quite brisk and blowy) it would not settle into GPS lock it would seem. However at last after a couple of minutes all was well. Experimenting with atti and GPS mode the Phantom reacted instantly to the commands. The new 7th Channel mod worked fine obviating the need to make the changes on the phone. After viewing the pictures as can be seen in the video the lens hood obscures the screen slightly. I cannot think why as the maker must have tried it first before manufacture. It is easily cure as deomonstrated maybe you could use the narrow setting in the camera. Due to windy days at the moment further experiments wil have to wait. The propeller interference lines are well and truly cured however. Landing back on to the helipad will need more practice but it showed that a tumble over on to the prop guards by the Phantom causes no damage. I have posted this video with an on the screeen explanation. https://vimeo.com/104634617?utm_source= ... QwMXw3NzAx
I purchased one of your hoods and the fit is perfect. However look at the vimeo link here and read the bit about the hood obscuring the picture. Was it the intention that I need to alter the camera setting to narrow view. It certainly stops the propeller ghosting on the screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik