Wedding Video

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I get married on the 5th September in a chateau with amazing grounds in France...

I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts or experiences of what would be some good moves/video with the P3P?

So far we have the idea of the guests stood in a heart shape with myself and wife in the middle... so cheesy but i think it would be a good shot? Any other ideas?

The grounds are private and the guests are aware that there will be a drone flying around so will be no issues.

On a separate note, I haven't used my drone for a good month now, im assuming I need to do an update, which one should I upgrade to and are there any nasty bugs?!

Many thanks

Interested in some ideas here, too. Friend of mine asked me to take a few pictures with the drone at their wedding.

Congratulations man!Maybe let your friend using phantom3 in order to help you take photos or Video, not necessary to use by yourself,just enjoy your big day!

Congratulations man!Maybe let your friend using phantom3 in order to help you take photos or Video, not necessary to use by yourself,just enjoy your big day!

Yeah I wont be doing anything myself - my engineer friend is the drone pilot for the day!!

But strangely my charger doesn't seem to be working - no charging light and no charging lights on the battery when trying to charge grrrr

There have been several stories here about people who decide that right before a vacation or an important job is the time to update, and then they freak out when it goes bad.

My advice would be that if it was working fine the last time you flew it, don't update anything now since it's so close to the big day.

Do you want to be dealing with any potential update issues right now in crunch time for wedding prep? Chances are you would not have any problems, but there is still a chance you might. Maybe right before the wedding isn't the time to take the risk?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and 750r
There have been several stories here about people who decide that right before a vacation or an important job is the time to update, and then they freak out when it goes bad.

My advice would be that if it was working fine the last time you flew it, don't update anything now since it's so close to the big day.

Do you want to be dealing with any potential update issues right now in crunch time for wedding prep? Chances are you would not have any problems, but there is still a chance you might. Maybe right before the wedding isn't the time to take the risk?

Good advice Oso...

It was working fine before the update but its also been on a plane twice, and been carted around Europe... I have 3 weeks until the wedding, was planning to update it, and then correct anything... but really there shouldn't be anything to correct right?!

I always laughed at the DJI advertisement for the P3 when it's in the sanctuary during a wedding, and everybody's going about like there's not this loud-*** bee hovering right above them. I've always wanted to see someone try that. Thankfully, nobody I know is getting married anytime soon. (Though that may change after the Ashley Madison dump happened, lol)

Reactions: Matt W Ruff
Yes Do Not Update . Calibrate your compass that would be all I would do . Like said above if it's not broke do not fix it to many story's of people updating now they have no bird . Get a charger and fly few times before the Big Day have your buddy fly too .
Congratulations :D

Yeah I wont be doing anything myself - my engineer friend is the drone pilot for the day!!

But strangely my charger doesn't seem to be working - no charging light and no charging lights on the battery when trying to charge grrrr

I guess your battery haven't use for many days,try to push the battery button once,it will show the green light,then try to charge it again,it will become normal

Anyway,I suggested that you don"t update the firmware too,just keeping your bird normally in order to prevent any issues until your big day

I guess your battery haven't use for many days,try to push the battery button once,it will show the green light,then try to charge it again,it will become normal

Anyway,I suggested that you don"t update the firmware too,just keeping your bird normally in order to prevent any issues until your big day

Thanks guys,

So this begs the question, why would anyone ever update if they are happy with the way the bird is flying?!

Any suggestions on what sort of videos or moves to do at the wedding? The ceremony certainly wont be included in the footage haha!!!

Thanks guys,

So this begs the question, why would anyone ever update if they are happy with the way the bird is flying?!

Any suggestions on what sort of videos or moves to do at the wedding? The ceremony certainly wont be included in the footage haha!!!

Is it an outside wedding?

If so, do a shot from the preacher's POV, showing the bride/groom kissing, then launch it back and up to show the rest of the crowd clapping.

i'm getting hitched the same day and have wondered about having somebody fly around and get some video. "she" would not
be happy if i was to do it, but i don't have anybody else trained that i trust, esp after the beverages start!

Is it an outside wedding?

If so, do a shot from the preacher's POV, showing the bride/groom kissing, then launch it back and up to show the rest of the crowd clapping.

I think we could do one cheeky sweep down the aisle facing away from the altar so to speak - waaaaaaaay before she comes out of course...!!!

I have never updated my PV2+ (too scared) it seems to work okay and I am learning a bit with every flight so I haven't seen the need or had the urge to yet.
Using your quad for a wedding seems like a great idea, I hope the service goes wells and the quad gives you both some cherished memories of the day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20