Weather Channel can break GPS

Reaction score
I just installed 'Satellite Check' on my Nexus 7 and as the installation was finishing up I got this warning:

"Attention- The Weather Channel Application was found on your device. The Weather Channel Application can break the functionality of Satellite Check and other navigation applications. Removal of the Weather Channel Application is advised if Satellite Check is not able to fix your position."

The plot thickens...

Dirty Bird said:
Not sure why that would be the case, however, it is talking about your phone's GPS, NOT the Phantom's, so it should not affect your flying.

Nexus 7 is a tablet, not phone.

I have a Nexus 7 (2014 version, which will be replaced by the new Nexus 8 coming out in July I think. I would not use a app that produced me such warning.

I have a couple of Nexus 7s too (a 2012 & 2013). Sorry I missed that in your post. Still, it is talking about the tablet's GPS, NOT the one in the Phantom.

What the heck! I've had the Weather Channel app on my iPhones for almost 5 years. No wonder I'm always lost.

Actually I don't think Weather Channel has anything to do with this. There's a thread over at Android Central that's been going almost a year about Nexus 7 GPS problems.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google ... 013-a.html

I've got the Weather Channel app on my 2012 Nexus 7 and I've never seen a problem with the GPS. The compass, on the other hand, is useless. I've tried calibrating it with a compass app from the Play Store. It will seem to be correct for awhile but then it will be off by 90 degrees. That makes the radar screen in the Vision app pretty much useless too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers